It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

aquarius0121 HB User
Another Asprin Mask Post

From all the chatter on this board about asprin masks, I thought I'd give it a go. And no, there is no place to "buy" an asprin mask

Here's my regimin:

Morning: Take a handfull (about 20) of generic CVS (uncoated) asprin and slowly dissolve with a tiny bit of water until it becomes a grainey, pastey glob. I use the mixture as a "scrub" - apply to entire face and rub gentley but firmly. I quicky wash it off afterward.

Evening: Leave mixture on face as a "mask". Don't wash off until it hardens and starts flaking off.

Results:

No miracle, that's for sure. BUT, my skin feels super-soft afterward, and it seems to dull the pain of the acne. Nothing noticeably in the areas of reducing acne/redness. I will continue to use asprin for exfoliating purposes.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

BluEyez1031 HB User
Re: Another Asprin Mask Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius0121
From all the chatter on this board about asprin masks, I thought I'd give it a go. And no, there is no place to "buy" an asprin mask

Here's my regimin:

Morning: Take a handfull (about 20) of generic CVS (uncoated) asprin and slowly dissolve with a tiny bit of water until it becomes a grainey, pastey glob. I use the mixture as a "scrub" - apply to entire face and rub gentley but firmly. I quicky wash it off afterward.

Evening: Leave mixture on face as a "mask". Don't wash off until it hardens and starts flaking off.

Results:

No miracle, that's for sure. BUT, my skin feels super-soft afterward, and it seems to dull the pain of the acne. Nothing noticeably in the areas of reducing acne/redness. I will continue to use asprin for exfoliating purposes.

That's basically been my experience so far...the aspirin mask didn't reduce any redness, it was just a great way to get rid of stubborn dead skin that didn't come off with my normal exfoliating face wash. Good way to make my skin feel softer and smoother, so far that's been about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-18-2006, 04:23 AM   #3
(female)

shlindz HB User

I just started using aspirin masks a couple weeks ago. It does make your skin feel super soft. I'm glad it doesn't dry out my skin either. I'v got a little tip for those monstrous zits too. I'v only had one since starting to use the aspirin, but this seems to help. When I got the "big one", I took one whole asprin and put a little drop of aloe vera on it then bandaided it to the zit. I left it glued on there over night and in the morning the swelling goes down noticably. I did this 3 nights in a row, and tada, zit be gone. I'll have to keep testing this as I get these biggies, but so far so good. Hope this helps someone else too.

Old 05-18-2006, 05:32 AM   #4
(female)

sapphire99 HB User

I have been using the asprin mask as well, but right now I am taking a break from it. The fine lines on my face have become SO much more noticable (I can actually see my makeup start to settle into them)! I think the asprin mask is drying because of this and also because it dries up your pimples faster. I am only 21 and have very oily skin, usually nothing dries up my skin like this has been doing.... maybe I should just use it as a scrub instead of a mask from now on.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:43 AM   #5
(female)

Dee74 HB User

I also swear by the aspirin mask.. but I use it a little differently.

If anyone is finding it too drying, try dissolving the aspirin with water and just using it as a scrub instead of a mask. I can't use it as a mask because I have sensitive skin and it makes me insanely dry and flaky, but using it as a scrub only has worked miracles for my skin. I do this every other day in the morning after I cleanse with the Basis cleansing bar, and then I apply my moisturizer (Purpose Oik Free) and then a very light layer of PersaGel (by Clean and Clear, I think). At night, I do the same routine minus the "scrub", and also if I have any true "zits" going on (which is really rare now), I dab a bit of plain white toothpaste on it (read it in a magazine) and wear it overnight. It really helps shrink them.. I have no idea why it does, but it does lol

I also use the scrub on my chest and back. It's made a huge difference there as well

Last edited by Dee74; 05-18-2006 at 06:49 AM.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:19 AM   #6
(female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Now I know where to get the -noncoated- asprin. I looked at Walgreens and Krogers and Target to no luck. Thanks, now I will go to CVS. I used the coated ones because I could not find noncoated.

Old 05-18-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
(female)

Dee74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe.Roma
Now I know where to get the -noncoated- asprin. I looked at Walgreens and Krogers and Target to no luck. Thanks, now I will go to CVS. I used the coated ones because I could not find noncoated.

If you have a Dollar Tree or any other $1 or $.99 store, check there for the aspirin as well. I get a really big bottle of the non-coated aspirin at the Dollar Tree for a buck I've seen them at other cheap stores like that as well. In my experience, the cheapo aspirin is just as good as the name brand stuff.

Last edited by Dee74; 05-18-2006 at 07:46 AM.

Closed Thread