It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
(male)

ejv229 HB User
does avocado cause acne to flare up?

ive heard different rumors that avocado causes acne but some people tell me its not true. Does anyone know??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 01:20 PM   #2
Inactive

Outsmarting HB User
Re: does avocado cause acne to flare up?

well to start out i would just lilke to say that i absolutely love avacados!!

But unfortunately they contain a lot of fat and cant eat them. one of the reasons for acne is overactive sebaceous glands which is triggered by androgens which is made from cholesterol which is made from dietary fat.

So i would say YES! high fat foods can make acne worse.
Plus sebum itself is made up of lipids(fat) so i would think that the less dietary fat you ingest would equate to your body making less sebum.

its role is secondary to sugar,but fat only makes it worse.it seems to me.

This is based on my ever growing knowledge and i may be wrong. I encourage you do prove or disprove me/share your opinions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2006, 04:27 PM   #3
(male)

applegrape HB User

no avocadoes do not flare up acne because acvocados has a fat called omega-3 fat and that is good for your health its the fat that doe not turn to fat or cholesteral and is healthy in the body, if u you think im wrong go search omega-3 fats
the bad fat omega-6 is the bad one that will flare up acne and that will cause it to produce more sebum

Old 05-31-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
(female)

sweetfairy HB User

Not all people but if you notice that you have a breakout after eat certain foods than stay away from them.

Old 05-31-2006, 07:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

OutToLunch HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsmartinggod
well to start out i would just lilke to say that i absolutely love avacados!!

But unfortunately they contain a lot of fat and cant eat them. one of the reasons for acne is overactive sebaceous glands which is triggered by androgens which is made from cholesterol which is made from dietary fat.

So i would say YES! high fat foods can make acne worse.
Plus sebum itself is made up of lipids(fat) so i would think that the less dietary fat you ingest would equate to your body making less sebum.

its role is secondary to sugar,but fat only makes it worse.it seems to me.

This is based on my ever growing knowledge and i may be wrong. I encourage you do prove or disprove me/share your opinions.
I don't agree with this at all. If high fat foods made acne worse, then you wouldn't be able to eat fish or nuts. Avocados are fine. But since they are high in fat, you do have to worry about excess caloric intake. What causes acne is processed food and other contaminants. What people are starting to realize is that our food supply is causing inflammation in the body and this manifests itself in all kinds of ways, including acne.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:05 PM   #6
(male)

applegrape HB User

just watch out for sugar, hydrogenated oils, raw mushrooms, dairy and animal lard.
acne is a way for the body to realease toxins, if you noticed most fat people dont have acne. they usually have soft skin.. why? becasue they store their waste and toxins.

Closed Thread