It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

DesperationGirl HB User
Wow! Neosporin.

I've had REALLY bad acne for years, but... I also attend anime conventions, either in costume or to sell things. And, well, I've got another convention coming up this weekend. So, at the end of my rope, I decided to try something I hadn't tried before... and started neosporin-ing my face twice a day, and applying it to the worst spots again right before I went to bed. It's been three days, and my face is practically entirely clear now. o.O I was surprised. Has anyone else seen such good results with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 12:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

NitroChic HB User
Re: Wow! Neosporin.

Nope, never heard of it. But I guess it makes sense. Congats!!!! Im glad you found something that works for you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Inactive

Outsmarting HB User

I have noticed the same thing and i use it on mine as well to speed healing. It is beacuse of the zinc!!!

And for all you people out there using triaz which costs 80+ dollars for 1.5 oz(without insurance), the ingredients are Benzoyl peroxide, Glycolic acid, and zinc.
Which can all be bought over the counter! so why is this a precription?

And for any body prescribed ethromycin here is a study that says zinc is a more effective antibacterial then ethromycin, but i dont think your doctor would tell you this.

[URL=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=A bstract&list_uids=10603662&query_hl=5&it ool=pubmed_docsum]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=A bstract&list_uids=10603662&query_hl=5&it ool=pubmed_docsum[/URL]

Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 AM   #4
(female)

Texanne HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsmarting
I have noticed the same thing and i use it on mine as well to speed healing. It is beacuse of the zinc!!!

And for all you people out there using triaz which costs 80+ dollars for 1.5 oz(without insurance), the ingredients are Benzoyl peroxide, Glycolic acid, and zinc.
Which can all be bought over the counter! so why is this a precription?

And for any body prescribed ethromycin here is a study that says zinc is a more effective antibacterial then ethromycin, but i dont think your doctor would tell you this.

[URL=http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=A bstract&list_uids=10603662&query_hl=5&it ool=pubmed_docsum]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=A bstract&list_uids=10603662&query_hl=5&it ool=pubmed_docsum[/URL]
So...Should one take zinc supplements...or put zinc on one's face...? This is intriging. I have been putting Neosporin on my expired zits to speed healing and lessen scars...but have been afraid that the oily quality would cause more zits later.

Old 06-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #5
(male)

iloserman HB User

I have back acne on my shoulders and near my arms and I put it there for the first time today. I don't want to risk putting it on my face just yet because I'm afraid of my face breaking out big time. & Since it's summer that's when I really start to break out!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
(male)

kdogg HB User

neosporin is godsend...i use it for healing and for right after i have popped one...its a triple antibiotic and it has zinc plus it helps to heal...however to much of a good thing is not good either....i would never apply it all over becuz it will clog pores eventually...i jus use it as spot treatment

Closed Thread