It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #1
(male)

m4x HB User
The ultimate vitamin program "for acne"

Hi there!

I have decided to go on a "acne" vitamin program.

I have already spent 1000$+ on skincare and nothing has worked for me. Vitamin B5 gave some result but not enought. Antibiotica
didn't improved a lot either. I have fought with my acne since I was 13 years (im 19 now) and are willing to do this huge vitamin program.

You can see the program contains all daily important vitamins including extra, probiotics, cleanse (for toxins and parasites),
herbs (daily cleanse) and green foods. All these vitamins are based on rewievs, e-book (acnecured.com) and massive search on
internet / forums, telling that they are effective for acne.

Here is the program!

===============
Vitamins

Vitamin A (Fish Liver Oil, 10,000 I.U/day)
Vitamin A (Beta Carotene, 25.000 I.U/day)
Vitamin B (Complex B-100 1 cap/day)
Vitamin C (2000mg/day)
VitamiN D (400 I.U/day)
Vitamin E (1000 I.U/day)
Calcium (1000mg/day)
Magnesium (500mg/day)
Zinc (72,5mg/day)
Selenium (200mcg/day)
Lecithin (1200mg/day)
MSM (1000mg/day)
Chromium Picolinate (200mcg/day)
Potassium (95mg/day)

===============
Herbs

Echinacea and Goldenseal (450mg/day each)
MultiHerbs (4 caps /day 640mg) --> Each caps contains 29 different hebs, including the most important for ance:
Yellow duck, Burdock, Milk thistle and Red cloves. This is for daily cleanse of toxins and ****.

===============
Probiotics

Primadolphius (L. Rhamnosus and Acidophilus 2 caps/day)
Nutraflora (95% as fructooligosaccharides, 2 caps/day)

===============
Green Foods

Wheat Grass (3500mg Organic wheat grass and 15mg Chlorophyll / day)

===============
EFA

MultiOmega (800mg Borage Oil, 800mg Fish Oil and 800mg Flax Oil) 2 caps/day

===============
Parasite Program

Black Walnut Hull
Cloves
Wormwood

(reference to Hulda Clark's Parasite program)
===============

Yes, this is what's going through my body everyday. Im going to eat normaly but eliminate sugar from my diet and eat a lot of green foods. I will drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday and do the liver cleanse.

What do you think, will this help me clear upp my acne to 100%? I havn't read someone taking all these vitamins together yet, just
reports on single vitamis or combo some of these vitamins. Mostly reports tells a good improvment.

And two must question for vitamin "experts"

1. Do I set my health on riske while taking all these pills everyday? All thevitamins will be followed as the label recommend, daily intake.

2. Will the body have time enough to absorb all these pills everyday??

My cells, enzymes, the liver or whatever secretes all the pills, will have a tuff time...but as soon as the cleanse process has started and vice versa, the result should be that my organs works much more effective to absorb all vitamins or do I have wrong?

//Max

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
(female)

kumpulsivepicka HB User
Re: The ultimate vitamin program "for acne"

The thing with vitamins is... one vitamin(s) can prevent the absorption of the other. This "cancelling-out" effect is especially seen when taking multiple vitamins at the same time.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 PM   #3
(male)

m4x HB User

Yeah I understand you..well I have to split up the pills then, taking 1/3 of the list in the morning, 1/3 in the evning and 1/3 before bed. and then eat the pills with intervals (5min). How do you say about that? Does this "cancelling out" affect minerals, probiotic and herbs too?

Old 06-07-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

i strongly reccomend the vitamin cure. I take A, Zinc, C & E, and some herbal one's. It keeps my face totally clear.

lots of water too!!

Old 06-07-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
(female)

sapphire99 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny9987
i strongly reccomend the vitamin cure. I take A, Zinc, C & E, and some herbal one's. It keeps my face totally clear.

lots of water too!!

Bunny, how much of each do you take?

Old 06-07-2006, 08:38 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

A between 10,000-20,000, Zinc 50, w.copper, C 500, and E 400 a day

and i take omega 3-6-9, B-complex too, green tea, evening primrose, garlic

Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 AM   #7
(female)

StephMc HB User

Be careful taking the Echinacea every day. It can impair your immune system when taken daily. I would recommend going to your local bookstore and looking at the book "Prescription for Nutritional Healing". It has a lot of suggestions besides just the herbs.

Old 06-08-2006, 07:48 AM   #8
(male)

m4x HB User

thanks for answears!

Yea, I have read about the echinacea...Im goin to cylcle with caps.

Bunny 9982, do you take more vitamins /tabs than I have in my program?

Old 06-08-2006, 08:24 AM   #9
Inactive

lindanm HB User

I think eliminating the sugar is going to do the most for you.

Also, the vitamin C needs to be taken several times a day. Most animals produce their own vitamin C in those amounts and more, and they would of course, be doing it all day. I think that 70-90mg RDA is really what your body needs at any given time. I take 500mgs 3-4 times per day. I don't always remember to take it twice in the middle of the day.

Also, I thought the consensus here was not to take over 50mgs of Zinc. I've never looked into that myself, just gone with what people said here.

What I've been taking for a year or so:
Vitamin C 1500-2000mgs
Zinc - 50mgs
Saw Palmetto 450mgs
Multi vitamin with higher than RDA (but not megadoses) of things like B vitamins, A, E, plus chromium, Zinc, selenium--things that are good for the skin and/or helps process sugars.
Also improved my diet a bit since my husband was diagnosed with diabetes.

Result:
Somewhere along the line my skin got a lot less oily and I rarely got any kind of inflamed acne on my face.

3 months ago
Did a Candida cleanse, a bit later, a colon cleanse.
Cut way back on sugars and simple carbs, eliminated sodas diet or not, started eating more fruits as snacks throughout the day.
And started using the aspirin mask on my upper body.

I also take probiotics once in a while and/or make smoothies with frozen berries and yoghurt with active cultures.

Result:
For the first time in many years, I had a few weeks without any inflamed acne anywhere. I usually have a cyst or two on my back, and there is usually one coming or going on my jawline. I have had 4 such cysts since, but they heal faster these days. The redmarks are still there though.

About a month ago, I found Nettle capsules so added them, doubled the Saw Palmetto dosage and was prescribed spironolactone. Those are all DHT blockers (anti-androgens). I'm hoping that it will also slow unwanted body hair growth eventually.

I've also added the fish oil capsules, flax seeds, fiber supplements and an apple a day, etc. Don't remember when.

Oh, and about 15 years ago, I discovered that oranges and orange juice triggered the horrible amount of cysts I used to get along my jawline and hairline. Eliminating them caused a vast improvement.

Last edited by lindanm; 06-08-2006 at 08:35 AM.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:15 PM   #10
(male)

iceboi HB User

I'm currently using a product called " Greens+ Multi+"

It's a powder form where you take 1 tablespoon a day with 1 cup of water and shake it up and drink it.

This product contains all the vitamins and other stuff you listed. It's an all in one formula you should check it out!!

Here's some beneficial ingredients it includes: Wheatgrass, alfafa, Bee Pollen, Royal Gelly, Green Tea, Grapeseed Extracts, etc..

Google for it and check it out. no need for so many pills!!!

Old 06-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
(female)

meredith100 HB User

I'd be interested to know how this goes! Keep in mind, though, that only a small percantage of vitamins are really absorbed (unlike food) and a lot just gets excreted. If you are this hardcore, have you tried Accutane?

Old 06-08-2006, 09:45 PM   #12
(female)

imaworrier HB User

I can barely take a multivitamin. It makes me feel like vomiting. How do you take all this stuff and not get sick to your stomach?

Old 06-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #13
Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaworrier
I can barely take a multivitamin. It makes me feel like vomiting. How do you take all this stuff and not get sick to your stomach?
I used to have problems taking pills, too. In fact, I can't take any unless I drop it straight into my throat. Which is why I haven't taken so much as a multi for most of my life. And some of these vitamins, including most remotely 'mega' multivitamins are huge and come in opaque bottles so you can't tell.

But I've gotten used to it. Once I started taking the vitamin C several times per day, I found it a lot easier to do and to remember to take all the other things.

Some do make you nauseous though. Zinc for one. Take it with food.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:29 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User

mx4 i think your program is sufficient. I actually did start off with higher dosages and once it cleared up, i lowered them to more normal dosages. Actually i quoted the A dosage wrong, i actually take 25,000iu a day. I actually started it at 35,000-40,000iu, but only for a month.

I was once on accutane in 2003, it really helpes with the oil. My face is no where near as oily as it was before 2003.

I am concerned with the A, because i know it keeps my face clear. And i am getting married soon and starting a family next yr, and i know you cannot take a lot of A while pregnant, and i will also have to check with the other vitamins too. I am afraid because of the hormonal change and the vitamin dosage my face may have a relapse. But i guess i will have to deal with it, until after all my kids are born.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #15
Inactive

Terrierlover HB User

Be careful with vitamins like A and E that are not water soluble. They can build up in your liver and become toxic. I'd also watch out for too much Echinacea.
It sounds like you are going from no vitamins to TONS of vitamins and herbs. Why not phase in a few at a time?
Obviously it's up to you, but I wouldn't want to spend a zillion dollars on vitamins if all I really needed was 1 multivitamin and a couple of herbs.
I have added burdock, milk thistle and red clover and I have seen tremendous results. I take these with a multivitamin and a few other herbs for my mid-life issues.
Good luck to you!!!

Closed Thread