It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User
Doxycycl?

I am having a huge!!!! breakout! So I went to the derm and he gave me doxycycl 100mg and I have to take 2 a day. Has anyone else been on this? Is it good? Did you get worse b4 you got better? Anything you can tell me about would be nice. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
(female)

PetiteBliss HB User
Re: Doxycycl?

Hello Lisa Marie,

I was prescribed Doxycycline for my acne. Twice a day until I finished the prescription. My only advice to you is avoid the sun as much as possible and be weary of yeast infections. That is probably the biggest side affect that women will suffer from. It's such a strong antibiotic that it literally wipes away all of your good bacteria in the process of clearing the bad bacteria. My pharmacists even suggested I take a probiotic (found at any health food store) at the same time and as often as I take the doxy. But, to my dismay, even that didn't work. I started to get a yeast infection no more than a few days after I started the antibiotic. And eventually, I stopped all together b/c it was to unbearable. So, it's still sitting on my counter top; and in the meantime I'm using topical meds to fight my acne. It's just not worth it to me.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteBliss
Hello Lisa Marie,

I was prescribed Doxycycline for my acne. Twice a day until I finished the prescription. My only advice to you is avoid the sun as much as possible and be weary of yeast infections. That is probably the biggest side affect that women will suffer from. It's such a strong antibiotic that it literally wipes away all of your good bacteria in the process of clearing the bad bacteria. My pharmacists even suggested I take a probiotic (found at any health food store) at the same time and as often as I take the doxy. But, to my dismay, even that didn't work. I started to get a yeast infection no more than a few days after I started the antibiotic. And eventually, I stopped all together b/c it was to unbearable. So, it's still sitting on my counter top; and in the meantime I'm using topical meds to fight my acne. It's just not worth it to me.

Good luck and keep us posted.
I know this is weird question but did you pee alot? I have never peed soo much in my life! This that a sign of a yeast infection? I feel fine down there besides the peeing. I have been on this med for a couple weeks now and have seen no improvement. My face is just getting worse i think. I have another cyst coming in that is soo big. I am on alesse bc and i really think that is the problem with me, i on only on my 3rd month right now. I have an appointment with my gyno tomorrow so i am hopeing she will put me on yasmin and spiro i have been hearing so many good things about it and i really think it would help me.

Old 07-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
(female)

PetiteBliss HB User

I honestly don't recall peeing any more often than before, but then again I didn't take it long enough to tell. The YI put a stop to all of that. Be sure to take it after you eat as it can upset your stomach something awful. I made that crucial mistake once and it made me heave.

If you've been on it for a while and haven't noticed any symptoms of a YI, then you may be okay. Again, it's one of the side affects and apparently not every woman suffers from it. I am prone to them, so the slightest imbalance in my system and it's a done deal.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
(female)

~charlotte08~ HB User

i tried that and it really helped me alot. Sometimes when i feel like I have a lot of pimples, I take it. I really recommend it because it made ma face acne free but not scar free so I hope you dont think the scars will go away with it. I still have my scars from past acne. its really good. i think it'll work for you too. good luck

Old 07-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~charlotte08~
i tried that and it really helped me alot. Sometimes when i feel like I have a lot of pimples, I take it. I really recommend it because it made ma face acne free but not scar free so I hope you dont think the scars will go away with it. I still have my scars from past acne. its really good. i think it'll work for you too. good luck
How long did it take to get results from doxycycl? I have alot of scars on my face!!! Do you know if there's anything that I can do to get rid of them (the scars)? I hate them and they r sooooo bad! Do lasers work?

Closed Thread