It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
(male)

BlkMagik HB User
Tiny Bumps on Face

I've had this problem ever since I started High School. There are literally hundreds of tiny bumps on my face. It is not acne or milia (sp?) because they do not hurt and when you aqueeze them, nothing comes out. It looks terrible under directional light and is causing an uneven skin tone. I've been researching it for about 6 months now and the only thing I can probabably say it is is eczema (I have eczema on my arm). Can anyone help me with this, it's really making me depressed.

EDIT: My skin is also VERY dry and I develop dry patches on my cheeks.

Last edited by BlkMagik; 07-23-2006 at 04:55 AM.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
(male)

jdean HB User
Re: Tiny Bumps on Face

i have the same thing by my jaw and when i yawn or anything that stretches it it shows even worse it really sucks i have no idea what it is have u gone to the derm to ask cus i want to know to

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
(male)

BlkMagik HB User

I haven't been to the dermatologist yet but I'm planning on going sometime this week once my mom contacts them. It's very bad, they are all around my nose and under my eyes. They are also around my mouth as well as on my chin. It's VERy annoying. I want the problem to go away before I start school again on August 29th. I want to look new and refreshed!

Old 07-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #4
(female)

Skoobi HB User

It might be Keratosis Pilaris. Not all derms will dx this. Weird huh? I had to bring it up to mine. I have the little bumps on the back of my arms. My son had them on his face, arms and thighs. Picking does no good, but inflame them.

I know we can't post links. But if you do an internet search, you will find more info and pictures.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:57 PM   #5
(male)

BlkMagik HB User

Well, I decided to take matter into my own hands. I researched quite a bit and found that most dermatitis is because your blood is toxic from eating incorrectly. I have been drinking nothing but water since my first post and eating really good and I am glad to say that I see a HUGE difference. The bumps aren't as concentrated as they were before and they are a lot smaller. Another thing that was most likely irritating the skin was the fact that I wash my face too often (I washed everyday). I heard that overwashing causes overdrying and can irritate the skin. All I do daily now is wet a cloth with WARM water and gently scrub my face just to remove surface dirt and skin cells, I do not scrub vigorously. After washing my face with the water, I let it dry and then apply Aveeno Active Naturals Daily Moisturizing Lotion with Natural Colloidal Oatmeal. This stuff is great, you do not need to smother your face in it and it keeps your skin moisturized ALL DAY. It is also frangrance free since I read that lotions with fragrance can irritate the skin. The dry patches that were on my face are nearly gone now. I hope this helps anyone with the same problem!

Closed Thread