It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #1

CrazyJoe HB User
Post How to kill a cysts that is forming...

I had a smal red mark that I hadnt noticed all day... I touched it a bit, and right away I thought great, another damn cyst!!! They ususally start as a smal red mark then gradually get more inflammed, but for 3 days now I have kept it at a very minimum.

Heres what I did:

As soon as I noticed it I iced it on 3 occiasions, each for about 5 mins each about 1 or 2 apart each time.

Then I let it recover from the cold, and apply Hydrocortizone cream on it 0.5% a slight layer will do.

Then I take a Advil or a Ibuprofin (sp?) every 6 hours or so.

The small red mark has stayed just that for two full days, by now it would be inflammed and in a week it would be fully blown.

I think If I keep this up I can keep it at what it is until it dies... I hope.

Old 03-05-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Veteran

Testament HB User
Hey crazy, I don't know much about cysts... havnt had them in a long while. (I had one on my tailbone once... not too fun)

Whereabouts in Calgary do you live? I live close by. No, I'm not a stalker .

Glad you found something that works for ya.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2003, 12:39 AM   #3

CrazyJoe HB User
I live in the SW, in Braeside. and Southland drive.

Old 03-06-2003, 02:08 PM   #4
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
I get one minor cyst about every 3 months. You notice it at the end of the day when you touch your face- pink bump. You touch it and it hurts, and you KNOW it's going to grow. I zap it with mint julep, but next time i'll ice it. When I say cyst I mean headless, painful small pink bump. The color can be covered by makeup but the 3-d effect cannot.

Old 03-06-2003, 05:30 PM   #5

Tummy HB User
I HATE CYSTS!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2003, 08:18 PM   #6

TakitEZ HB User
Cysts are a result of deep infected clogged pores.
You can ice it to reduce swelling, and apply Benzol Peroxide on it, or whatever anti-bacterial agent. If you keep on doing this for more than 4 weeks, the cysts should disappear.

However, usually the clogged stuff in the pores don't break down, and keep on growing bigger. That's when I lance the cyst and squeeze the heck out of it. Do not do this unless you are brave enough to risk spreading infection or risk having a bad scar. Man, squeezing a cyst is almost like an art.

But the best solution is to visit the derm and let him/she deal with it.

Old 03-07-2003, 12:20 AM   #7
Inactive

LookingForHealth HB User
you can tell by the way it feels when squeezing if it's possible to squeeze out. if its a shocking, unbearable shooting pain, stop squeezing. if its just a minor annoyance pain, squeeze it at every angle and junk will come out. youll have a scab/mess but it'll be gone so quick. ive never had a cyst last longer than one week. i mean, day 1= painful bump, day 7=just about normal skin again

Old 03-07-2003, 03:47 AM   #8

CrazyJoe HB User
Man I have had ones that last 1 month, and scar bad even if I didnt touch it at all... I had one that I barely touched, and it still leaves a scar on my face almost 8 months ago I had it. I rarely get those monster ones though.

Still the ones that I get are just as annoying and inflammed.

I am still icing for about 5 minutes... 3 times a day.

I apply the Hydrocortizone cream as well ( DO NOT USE THIS CREAM ON ONE SPOT FOR MORE THAN 7 DAYS )

I still take an Advil (Anti Inflammatory) every 12 hours now.

I found that Benzoyl Peroxide does nothing for Cysts. I was using a BP regimen and it worked but I still got bad cysts, but I was all clear besides that.

Its been 5 days since I noticed this sucker and although it has gotten a bit larger, and a bit redder it is still pretty much painless and small.

THis seems to work well. Try it.

I wouldnt reccomend squeezing it at all, it will irritate it more and possibly push it deeper.

I suggest that Ice, Hydrocortizone cream, and a Anti Inflammatory drug is the best way to treat it. There is not much else you can do.

its started as a small red bump, and today 5 days later its pretty much that... a small red bump NOT a nasty inflammed cyst that it would be right now.

[This message has been edited by CrazyJoe (edited 03-07-2003).]

Old 03-07-2003, 06:28 PM   #9

MistyDawn HB User
Squeezing my cysts led to many problems. I would squeeze and squeeze until my whole face was swollen b/c of one bump. Now, I am plagued w/ red/brownish marks on my cheeks from where I tried to pop these things. My advice is to not squeeze at all. Don't even touch it after you have medicated it. Your body will eventually heal itself and it will go away. Squeezing, in my personal experience, only made matters 10X worse.

Now, if I feel one of these suckers forming, I apply a small dab of cortizone gel to it. I let that dry then put a very small dot of retin A over the cortizone gel. I do this every night until it begins to go down. It usually takes it down within 48 hours. If you don't have access to Retin A, try the mint julep masque. It will gently dry it up while the cortizone minimizes the swelling skin around it.

Old 03-07-2003, 06:32 PM   #10

CrazyJoe HB User
Definatley leave them alone and DO NOT PICK THEM OR SQUEEZE THEM! You will regret it.

It is important to treat these and leave them alone, cause they scar, It has taken me 8 months to heal one scar. Thank god I don't get these massive ones all the time.

Old 03-12-2003, 05:41 PM   #11

FacingIt HB User
Man, I must be licin' on the edge. I've been squeezing forever and I have one tiny scar..it's more like an icepick combined with an enlarged pore, really.

Anyway, what I do is slop on the Clearasil...(y'know, the skin toned stuff that smells odd)...then let the cyst come to a head, then pierce it gently with a needly, gently push the junk out, wipe with Tea Tree oil, and done. Sure, the spot is sort of red for a few days, but not that noticeable. (Then again, I have my red ugly complexion to distract people from it, lol). I find this is better than having it come to a big gross white head and just leavin' that on your face. Ew. Don't you hate it when you think everyone is just staring at those? Gross.
Fire tip#42 Remember, never pet a burning dog.

Old 03-12-2003, 06:09 PM   #12

miss acne HB User
when my acne get to be cyst I go to the doctor and let him inject some medicine in it and the swelling goes down by the end of the day. I have done this for years and has definitely put a stop to those little buggers!

Old 03-16-2003, 01:19 PM   #13

rapunzelle HB User
Lightbulb

crazy... i also like tea tree oil because it gets in there and kills off infection...oils will mix with oils... but water based products wont... so the tea tree actually gets in there instaed of drying the surface so your pore closes even tighter and traps the gunk and your skin reacts by thinking it needs more oil... make sense? worth a try if you like...

Old 03-16-2003, 02:41 PM   #14

barbiedoll_fl HB User
The only thing that will truly get rid of a cyst is a cortisone injection. You will have to go to your dr. to do it, but it will work. It will also hurt like hell, but it's worth it.

Old 06-22-2003, 05:50 AM   #15

adso HB User
I tried initially squeezing Cysts, with mixed results. I ended up with one that blew up 1/2 of my face, completely closed over my eye, it was horrendous.

Now all I do is use a cream called 'Bactroban'. Its awsome, my spots are gone in 24-48hours. Towards the end I will still squeeze, but only once its obvious that the core is near the surface and ready to go.

I know what you mean about there being 'an art' to squeezing. The core is there, and at some point it will come out, but you can massacre your face trying, eventually if u go deep enough it will pop out, a huge central core, but why take yourself out of action for several days, when a cream will do the hard work for you?

Has anybody researched as to why they start in the first place? I find waves of them for 1-2 weeks, then its ok for a few weeks, and then it starts again.

[This message has been edited by adso (edited 06-22-2003).]

Closed Thread