It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2003, 10:09 PM   #1
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Post My boss whined today about never having acne

Ok well the story isnt exactly as the title reads...but anyhoo...at work today, my boss (woman) who is 23, has never ever had a single zit or even red spot in her entire life. She has perfect skin with a few freckles.

She comes to me today and goes "Look, ahhhhh...Im starting to get these little red pimples on my forehead"..."oh my god, it must be the stress!"

I look at yes she was breaking out, but very minorly. Like were talking spots the size of a spec of dust! Barely noticeable!

She said she has always had perfect skin and never a single zit in her life. The way she said it, gave me the impression that she thinks shes a godess or something.

She started to freak, looking in the mirror every 20 seconds. I had to quickly change the topic, cause I felt bad knowing I had much worse skin than her, so ppl like her should be thankful.

Her skin is so good, that she never has to wear makeup, she washes her face with hand soap and eats fast food everyday.

PPPPFFF if she reacts like this over her first zit, well lets see her with mil acne.

Gee how awful for her to get ure very FIRST zit at age 23. Hmmm...

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 06-26-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2003, 10:32 PM   #2

gwle HB User
Yea, I can't stand people like your boss. I know a few people like that and every time they do something like that it makes me wanna punch them in the face.It's like the world is going to end just because they got one tiny zit.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2003, 11:02 PM   #3
Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
People like your boss and others who never faced ACNE problems:

a) may get adult acne in their 40s, while we would already be over with the acne phase.

b) have or will have other problems / health issues in their life.

------------------

Everyone in life suffers. We all suffer differently. It is all part of the learning and experience process. Some of use were give acne. Other headaches. Others cancer.

Just remember, nothing, I mean nothing, lasts forever.

Old 06-25-2003, 02:51 AM   #4

DuacKhaz HB User
Angry

did you beat her? my g/f who has next to perfect skin is like that..she had a pimple last week and thats all i heard about all day every day..and i'm sitting overe there feeling like a freak cause i have acne pretty bad..and when i say something..she acts like i'm the one being insensitive..

Old 06-25-2003, 05:34 AM   #5

JLove112 HB User
what's really been bugging me is a comment i overheard a girl make last week.

this girl has perfect skin and she must have broken out (not that it was noticable) and she went on and on about it for days like it was the end of the world.

anyways the comment that stuck in my mind was "i'm not a pimpley person."

i find that so disturbing....like it indicates that she is above some one with acne

Old 06-25-2003, 06:13 AM   #6

Forcefed4 HB User
I can understand all your frustrations and complaints, but I think this just points out something...

People focus on THEIR acne more than they do on yours. They complain about their one zit because it bothers THEM, but people really don't care about YOUR zits. In my early to mid 20s when I never worried about acne, I NEVER "noticed" other peoples acne. I just looked at everyone the same. Now that I suffer from acne, I notice it on others because I am OBSESSED with it. My point? Most people don't even notice your acne, and they surely don't care about it.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:39 AM   #7

hockeyman HB User
great point, thats exactly true, why would other people care whats on our faces, they just worry about themselves

Old 06-25-2003, 08:47 AM   #8

aliasfan1981 HB User
There was this girl who went to my high school and we had music together. Anyway, she was really sweet and gorgeous too (she was a model) and I liked her and everything, but we had music together and occasionally if she got a small rather unnoticable zit on her forehead she would sit in class and stare at it in a hand mirror. She would constantly say to me, "Look at my horn! I have a horn coming in on my forehead!!" Even though I liked her, I wanted to punch her in the face. (Well, not really. But you get my point.) It was very embarassing for me. Looking back, I realize that Forcefed4 is probably right. This girl probably didn't notice my acne as much as I did, because I doubt she would have been so insensitive if she did.

Old 06-25-2003, 08:50 AM   #9

PapaJohns HB User
How the hell can one say that a person who doesn't get acne has or will have other problems / health issues in their life???? I personally think acne is a sign of something going on wrong in your body. things like that tend to show themself through the outside, either your eyes, nails, skin etc

Better question yet: how does a damn 23 yr old little girl get a job as the "boss"?? Yep, girls with good skin always get ahead or should I say a head. Men will hire women and just hand them over the boss position as long as you look good with perfect skin.
but looks like she is starting acne NOW! HAHA, it will prolly get worse also. haha

[This message has been edited by PapaJohns (edited 06-25-2003).]

Old 06-25-2003, 09:02 AM   #10
(female)

BlueSprite555 HB User
Who the hell knows really? I mean, comments like that **** me off to no end too...but I guess it's all relative. There's this guy near to where I work, who I see outside on occassion, and his body is covered, and I mean covered, with tumors of all sizes. I suppose he would look at someone like me and say he'd give his right arm to only have acne to deal with...and he'd be right. But it all sucks just the same. I guess if anything, we're not so superficial as some...in that we know a bit what it's like to have problems.

Old 06-25-2003, 09:20 AM   #11
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
PapaJohns you need to seriously grow up!

Old 06-25-2003, 06:58 PM   #12

uh yeah HB User
i wish i could complain like that..

Old 06-25-2003, 07:04 PM   #13

PapaJohns HB User
coming from some "girlie"girl, at 19, i dont take that much seriously u stuck up snob.

Old 06-25-2003, 07:51 PM   #14

Jo Blo HB User
She is a boss of a company and the most important thing on her mind is a lousy pimple? There's something wrong with this picture!

Old 06-25-2003, 09:19 PM   #15
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Ya I couldnt listen to my boss whine yesterday. Her very first breakout, and she acts like shes gonna die the next day.

Just seeing how she can eat fast food every hour and live off junk and never get any zits makes me feel envious!!!!

Closed Thread