It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2003, 02:30 PM   #1

pooche HB User
Post Question for Lyndsey and her accutane

Hey Lyndsey how has your initial breakout been? I know we started at about the same time. And should I expect a breakout in the later months?

Let me know how your're doing. Me I use lots of lip stuff that's about it all the rest is fine. My skin is actualy better and I've only been on 40mg a day for 12 days. I did prepare myself for the worse so I'm still waiting for this breakout to come.
Let me know how your doing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 08:52 PM   #2

Lyndsey HB User
Hey thanks for the note.

So far things are going alright.

I had a few bad side effects for a few days: oily skin, dizziness, stining eyes, itchiness, dandruff, dry hair, losing hair, and bright urine to name a few.
Due to this I started taking less pills a day(my own self-RX, yeah I know I shouldn't do this. I've never been great at following MD's orders)

But it all seems to have stopped.
My skin actually seems to be more clear and some hyperpigmented spots appear to have lightened.
I haven't had any zits at all, even though I'm putting on sunscreen and lotions(both of which used to cause bad break-outs before)

Around my mouth is a little dry, but I have Chap-stick and vaseline pretty much everywhere, so it's not a huge deal.

I'm nervous about a big breakout on the horizon, but right now it's going well.

I'm not sure what day I'm on exactly(especially since I'm not longer taking the correct dosage) but I think I've taken around 50 pills.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread