It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2003, 05:57 PM   #1

mudpixie HB User
Post Skinoren help

I'm on Day 3 of Skinoren and my face looked VERY oily today- it has not looked this way in a long time. Is this normal?

I honestly can't tell if I've started my initial breakout- I have little oil filled pimples on my cheeks but I did occasionally get those before Skinoren so I don't know. Do you think it will get worse?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 06:24 PM   #2
Veteran

laur HB User
I was using the azelex version and my skin just became more and more dry and irritated. Maybe the skinoren is different. I may look into this. Also, yes I got the oil filled pimples all over....primarily around my mouth. I have also had these for longer than using the azelex, but thought it would clear them. I used the finacea ( gel form )for about 3 1/2 weeks steady at least once per day and then switched to the azelex 1 time per day for about 4 or 5 days maybe. My skin was the most broken out and irritated and the jojoba oil couldn't even help the irritation. I stopped using it last friday and finally by yesterday SOME of the irritation subsided. What is your skin type? I take accutane although only twice per week, and this was very hard to use for me. I may try an every other day type application for awhile. I am still breaking out. I was breaking out the entire time I used this product and didn't know if it was not right for me or if it was STILL an initial breakout. I do think it brought a lot to the surface, but the oil filled ones I have literally no idea about. I went to bed last night with only 1 on the side of my chin and woke up this am with 5 or so right next to each other on the right side of my chin. No idea where they come from. I am confused about this product. Dsheldon says its very moisturizing, but I found it to be very irritating. Yet I applied tazorac here and there for 10 minutes at a time and didn't experience the severe dryness and irritation I did with the azeleic acid products. ...

I was really hoping this would work for me too. What a let down. Hope it helps you.

L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 09:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Skinoren=oil city on me.

Old 06-26-2003, 10:26 PM   #4
Veteran

laur HB User
Maybe the skinoren is completely different than the azelex? Dsheldon has had remarkable results from the skinoren version, and I know she said it was oily in the beginning. She knows a lot about the skinoren, read through some of her old postings. She has answered MANY questions about it and seems to now have control of her acne. I think she's been using the skinoren for about 5 months or so. I wish it would work for me. The theory of it is great, but my skin apparently doesn't care about that!! LOL

Old 06-26-2003, 10:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I don't know about this Skinoren anymore. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Old 06-27-2003, 01:15 AM   #6

deez-en-yuu-teez HB User
i used skinoren and it broke me out. I had stopped using it after day 3, and went back to benzamycin(which is doing very well btw). The skinoren made me extra oily(already have oily skin as it is) and broke me out and the spots and ??nodules/cysts??? became even more red. I must admit, i did quit early after only 3 days, but the benzamycin is a lot better for my skin. It just leaves the acne marks though, crap. Anyways, thats just how it went down for me. hope this helps.

Old 06-27-2003, 05:46 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
What concerns me is that I think SweetJade said Azelex (Skinoren), being a cream, clogs pores, or could clog them. I wonder if it is true that all creams clog pores by their very nature. I'm not sure about that one way or the other. BHA doesn't--I don't think...! Also, the B5 gel helps lift plugs from my face . . .

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-27-2003).]

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 06-27-2003).]

Old 06-27-2003, 08:20 AM   #8

mudpixie HB User
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. Dsheldon... what happened? LOL now I'm starting to get really nervous. I always thought I had really sensitive skin, but the Skinoren barely burned or itched at all. I'm also DETERMINED to do something about these small indents on my left cheek so I started putting a tiny amount of Retin-a micro under the Skinoren at night. (I have a tendency to be kind of bold and reckless w/ my face when it comes to these things). I've been doing this for 3 days and other than 5 or 6 tiny oil-filled things and 1 whitehead on my forehead, I haven't seen anything new.

I was pretty worried about the Retin-a and Skinoren together, but strange as it sounds, it seems to be tolerating that combo, better than just Skinoren alone. During the day I have only Skinoren on my face and it has been looking oily and red. But when I wake up in the mornings, my face is nice and matte, the redmarks look faded and only the recent spots are peeling. Very strange.

I'm now skeptical of the Skinoren. Next thursday I'm going to my OB/gyn to ask about Spiro since she is testing my hormone levels... LOL now you guys have got me all worried about new breakouts. I'm going to try sticking with it till I notice something really bad happening.

Laur, maybe the Skinoren has less potential for irritation than the Azelex, since its a cream? I was relieved to hear that the film on my face was the skinoren and not just my own oil, but if it is a film, maybe the oil I am producing, is getting stuck under the Skinoren... uggh I hope not...

Old 06-27-2003, 09:10 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Skinoren is excellant for some acne but not all I'm finding out.With normal acne I have experienced only oiliness when going through the initial breakout but after that I have not experienced any oiliness or dryness.It kept my face 100% clear for a long time and never clogged my pores even when applying it heavily.Istill love the stuff but I wished it had been effective on ALL types of acne instead of just some.I'm sure that once my breakout from this Progesterone is over I will go back to being 100% clear again and will STAY that way cause I plan on never touching anything that has to do with progesterone EVER again.
Another thing about Skinoren as far as I have experienced ,it only burns when mixed with sweat.Which isn't that great for hot summer days.

[This message has been edited by dsheldon3 (edited 06-27-2003).]

Closed Thread