It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #1

Tiggermomma HB User
Post To think that there are actually people out there who....

never even have to think about their skin. Their skin is just so perfect that they figure their worst problem is how to fix their hair or something--->>>>>> that used to be me. All they do is wash up in the morning and at night and then go to bed just thinking about their goals and what they want to do next in their life. Able to go out whenever they feel like it not being ashamed or worrying about what concealer and foundation/powder will look good and not mess up in certain weather conditions. Feeling free with nice breathing perfect skin and just feeling the wind on that skin---> hard to feel the air with heavy globs of makeup on. Not feeling afraid of stares or what people think.
But for some, just being able to leave the house will do.

Another thing is that I used to have radiant glowing bright perfect skin, so beautiful that I looked much better than with makeup on. My skin just always shined and looked wonderful, oh how I miss those flawless days.

[This message has been edited by Tiggermomma (edited 06-26-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 07:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
i hear you loud and clear!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 07:32 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
yeah i hear that..... but remember everyone has worries, if not their skin, its their weight, hair, or something not physical like are their kids doing well, is their husband cheating on then, are they doing well with their job, money is always an issue as well. I am sure everyone goes to bed with worries. don't worry everyone is NOT perfect. when i think about it, i worry a lot about my skin, makeup, and my outword apperance. But some people really do have real hard issues. My boyfreind keeps telling me at least i have all my limbs, acne isn't permanent. but i still worry. i remeber when i was on proactiv, and it worked, i worried about soooo many other things.

Old 06-26-2003, 07:40 PM   #4

Tiggermomma HB User
I get that! We women are such worry warts aren't we?? LOL, yep. I worry about so so many things - hey maybe it's all that stress that might worsen our situations also.

I just wish I can go out sometimes with confidence and self-esteem, it would really mean a lot. I also remember such a free feeling when I had nice skin. But yes we are lucky we have our health and things could be worse. That helps me get through things actually. I am thankful for what I have and hope to just build upon that.

[This message has been edited by Tiggermomma (edited 06-26-2003).]

Old 06-27-2003, 06:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Talking

you know, i work in retail. i am in sales and i work on commission. My clientle is women with small kids. Its funny because i am sooo worried about my face. I always think these women look fine, without a worry in the world. But thats probably dead wrong. I am so worried about myself. And so is every other woman, that nobody probably notices my flaws, because they are probably worried about their own flaws. for example women with short dry hair, probably would die for my long silky hair. Whileas i am thinking wow she has real great skin, i would die for skin like hers. get my point. lol

Old 06-27-2003, 08:30 AM   #6

mudpixie HB User
Yeah... well said, Tiggermomma. I haven't had perfect skin since I was 10 years old, I don't even remember that feeling, of being totally FREE and knowing you look good without makeup. Just thinking about it makes me kind of glow inside, like wow... someday that's going to be ME again.

Just think, someday all of us "acne prisoners" will be free, and we will definitely not take our freedom for granted like some people do who have had clear skin their whole lives. It will really mean something to us.

Old 06-27-2003, 08:31 AM   #7

mudpixie HB User
oops double post

[This message has been edited by mudpixie (edited 06-27-2003).]

Old 06-27-2003, 02:48 PM   #8
(male)

FargoUT HB User
I had a strange epiphony of sorts last night on the way home from work. What if it is boards like this that cause our self-consciousness? What if coming in here and talking about the problem is actually making us more concerned about the problem?

On a related note, and this is my biggest problem... I'm always concerned with how I look to other people. Is this some deep psychological trauma, or what?? Most people seem to go about their lives not giving a damn about how they look. Why do I care so much? Why is it such a big concern to me?

Old 06-27-2003, 03:07 PM   #9
Veteran

backtomyoldself HB User
I used to worry about my freckles when I was younger...then my facial hair....and now my severe acne (along with the other two). I have to add that I have dental/bite problems. It seems like I have every flaw one can think of. But I have learned to accept that I will never be perfect. For years I have postponed on having a life, or for doing anything else but work because I have to earn money to correct my flaws that's taking my self-confidence down. Growing up I've always hidden on a shell coz I felt too inferior. I changed that. Now I got back to school and looking forward on making a new life. I still have my hopes or dreams that one day I'll be able to go out without make up on, to be able to talk to someone without being conscious about my faulty bite, or someone commenting how hairy I am, etc.

Closed Thread