It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
(female)

Spark19 HB User
Question Silkia camellia oil/Epidermx + Retin A (Tocoderm) for pitted scars?

I was thinking about using these products on my face, but I'm not sure whether it would be safe to do so. I'm moving in 8 months and I just want to start my new life there with better skin. I have pitted scars (worse on my left side) with some red scars. I still break-out a bit, but it's not as bad as it used to be. I'll be getting the Tocoderm from Mexico. I used to use it and it would dry out my face really badly. However, I think it really helped with my depressed scars. I was looking at some old pictures and my face wasn't scarred as it was now. As for Silkia camellia oil/Epidermx, I was reading some reviews on it and it looks like it'll really help. I was wondering if using both would help. Thanks

Last edited by Spark19; 09-14-2006 at 05:35 PM.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: Silkia camellia oil/Epidermx + Retin A (Tocoderm) for pitted scars?

I sound like a broken record but Silkia/Epidermx really worked for my pitted acne scars. I can hardly see the 5 pits on my forehead now, though I still have 3 pits immediately above my upper lips (dunno why they didn't fill out as much).

If you think Retin-A has helped you, you can use it together also. But I would not use Retin-A and Epidermx together at the same time. Use Epidermx on the Retin-A off nights, or if you use Retin-A every night, use Epidermx in the morning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
(female)

Spark19 HB User

Thank you Waterlily for replying! I know using both is a bit drastic, but I really want to see improvements. I searched on Epidermx some more, but should it only be used on mild acne? Like I mentioned, I do break-out, but sometimes they are cysts. Tocoderm is like Retin-A, but a lot stronger (it's acido retinoico). It dries up your face very badly, so I was trying to find an alternative because I go to college. I searched for it, but I could only find one person who replied on it. He said that it looked like he was on Accutane hehe. Also, I wanted to use it because it also helps right away with breakouts as well. Oh & one last question. I use mineral make-up when I go out. Is it okay to use it if I were to use Epidermx? Let me know & thanks again !

Last edited by Spark19; 09-15-2006 at 12:51 PM.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I've read any microdermabrasion can be used on mild to moderate acne. I had a few pimples when I first started using it and it cleared them up. There could be a problem only if your acne is severe. I think it doesn't matter even if you have a few cysts. Some posted here a while ago that the Epidermx brought down their cysts fast, in a week.

There is no problem using Epidermx and mineral makeup or any makeup. Epidermx is not a cream that you leave on your face all day. You wash it off every time. It improves skin texture and makes it so smooth your makeup will go on better and look better.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
(female)

Spark19 HB User

Once I save up enough money, I'll buy the (1 oz) Epidermx II & (4 oz) Silkia Camellia oil. I found a website that offered them both together, although I'm not sure whether there are other websites that offer them both together and at a lower price. It looks like it'll come out to around $50 , but I'm desperate enough to buy it at that cost. Thank you very much once again for replying. I'm going to a University and I'll have to move in with other people. Since I've never allowed other people (besides my family) to see my face without make-up, I'm rushing to find something before I go.

**I'm sorry about bothering you so much Waterlily, but I thought it be best to ask everything. I keep editing this :P. What cleanser would you recommend for an oily/acne prone face? Is there anything else I should use besides these products (moisturizers, sunscreen)? As for Epidermx & EpidermxII, I decided to buy EpidermxII so that I can use it everyday. Since I'm using it everyday (instead of the 2 times a week with Epidermx), would it work faster to smoothen out my skin? Do you know how long the products would last me if I use it two times everyday? I apologize for asking so many questions, I must be annoying you .

Last edited by Spark19; 09-16-2006 at 09:59 PM.

Old 09-18-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I recommend the Purpose Gentle cleanser or St Ives Radiance cleanser. Both are great for oily acne prone skin.

If you use the camellia oil, you don't need a separate moisturizer. The oil is very moisturizing. I put Neutrogena Dry Touch SPF55 sunscreen over the oil.

I think if you use Epidermx II everyday, you will see results for smoother and clearer skin faster. I just started using it everyday a week ago and I can't get over how clear and radiant my skin looks. I used to use Epidermx once or twice week, and less often in the winter cuz it felt quite gritty and abrasive. But the new Epidermx II doesn't feel gritty/abrasive and I love that I can use it everyday. I am not sure but I think it will last you a month if you use it 2 times a day.

You mentioned you also use Retin-A and if that's still the case, I think you shouldn't use Epidermx II 2x a day, unless you are not using Retin-A on that night also.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:11 AM   #7
(female)

Spark19 HB User

Thanks again for you advice! I e-mailed the website that offered Epidermx II and they said that one jar should last me a month, however, I decided to purchase two jars of Epidermx II just incase! Well, I can't wait to try it . I have a feeling this will really work. I decided not to buy the Retin A cream because I hate it when my skin starts peeling. Thank you once again for your help. It means a lot to me.

Closed Thread