It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2003, 11:00 PM   #1

Sigh HB User
Question Retin-A Micro

Well I just went through a VERY horrid 6 month Accutane process, the worst 6 months of my life. My cheeks are completely covered in scars and redmarks, and a bunch of the sides of my forehead, Not to mention one on my nose and earlobe.

Anyway, my dermatoligist predicted I would have a blackhead problem, so she put me on retin-Micro. It's been a week and I am noticing a bunch of little bumps forming everywhere, some turn into small pimples, but most don't. I am also noticing my skin is starting to peel, become red, and sting in my nose area, and my chin and mouth area.

That brings me to a few questions, please if anyone could answer some/all of them that'd be great:

-How long do I have to be on Retin-A for?

-Are these bumps/small pimples and dry/stinging skin normal side affects?

-My face looks quite bad right now, Although I barely have any pimples, I have so many red marks/scars. One of my cheeks actually looks like one huge scar with indentations and dead skins in some places. Do you think this'll get any better? I have 2 months until school, and I barely made it through last year.

- I'm going to be having "Laser Resurfacing" done. My dermatolist says this would get rid of the scars and such. Has anyone ever had this done? Did it work? Any information/tips you can give me?

Thanks for your time, I'm not really looking for any emotional support, just straight answers, any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2003, 06:50 AM   #2

Sigh HB User
Angry

I Guess no one is planning on helping then? :/

Old 06-27-2003, 07:16 AM   #3
Veteran

laur HB User
From what I understand the pimples you are now getting are from an initial breakout from retin a. As for how long you will have to use it, That will be for a very long time until you don't need the control anymore. I think if you stop the blackheads will begin forming again. Sorry this isn't more help.

L

Old 06-27-2003, 08:43 PM   #4
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
You know you can't have laser for a year after accutane, right?

Peace

~*Emma*~

Closed Thread