It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2003, 05:22 PM   #1
(male)

MachOneMustang HB User
Question Severe (facial) acne is beginning to migrate to my body, should I worry?

Hey Guys.

I've told my story a few times on this board, but I'll (try to) make this one short and sweet. For around 5 years now I've been dealing with cystic acne. Its a bit on the severe side, and medicines do not really help it along.

Around 6 months ago, my breakouts stopped almost spontaneously (more on that, here: [url="http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/014488.html)"]http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/014488.html)[/url] and all my scars were really healing. I was having the high of my life, I got a touch of what it was like to be free!

But my hopes were shattered around a month ago when my acne came back in full force as spontaneously as it left, and its taking no prisoners this time! My face = broken out with cysts, well making up for those 6 or so months of bliss and healing. So I'm back to square one, with no way out.

This time however, my acne has started to reach places I've never gotten a zit before. I've been pretty fortunate up until now, only having to worry about my face and neck (partially).

Now... its my full neck, my chest, my back, my arms... even my wrist/hands and legs! Its everywhere. Now don't get me wrong, its not that bad on these "unchartered" areas, but its becomming more frequent by the week I'd say.

I'm now 17, is this a regular process for going through acne? I recently bought Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Scrub for this exact problem and I'm wondering if this may not be an "initial breakout" if you will, my skin reacting to the product. Only time will tell I guess. But either way I am completely clueless, and am just hanging on... barely. Life was so great, and now I have more problems on my hands (literally) than I began with. Humph....

Anyone know what's goin on? Thanks a bunch.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2003, 05:46 PM   #2

Tiggermomma HB User
Is there ANYTHING in your life that has changed to cause your condition to leave spontaneously and then come back as quickly as it left? I mean like moving, different products be used, lifestyle, eating habits, stress, etc? ANything at all?

Old 06-27-2003, 06:52 PM   #3
(male)

MachOneMustang HB User
Simple answer: NO!

That's the thing... I have no idea WHY it came back. As you can see in my post that I linked to, my acne ceased once I started on a new masturbation cycle, over the months I stuck to that religiously, continued all my meds... I changed absolutely nothing.

I remember towards the beginning of the end of my clear skin streak, I began taking multi-vitamins. I dont know but for some reason multi-vitamins cause me to break out. Maybe I'm allergic to a certain vitamin who knows. But nevertheless, I began to break out badly after I started taking them, and because of that I stopped taking them, immediately.

That was MONTHS ago and yet I still manage to breakout almost everyday now, so its something else...

I didn't change ANY meds... I'm completely clueless to be honest. Something in my body changed though, thats for damn sure, and whatever it is, it doesnt like what WAS working... whatever that may be...

Ugh.

Old 06-28-2003, 05:51 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
some multi-vitamins contain iodine in them, and iodine is proven to cause breakouts. You are 17, so i think your hormones are going crazy right now. You never mentioned anything about seeing a doctor. You should be on antibiotics, or accutane, just my opinion.

Old 06-28-2003, 10:33 AM   #5

Someperson HB User
Nice screename first of all. I got a Trans Am, but i still love the Mustangs. I got a friend who has a 1973. But anyways, im sure it is an initial breakout. I don't know much about multivitamins, but the ones i always took gave me a breakout and i saw improvement a month later. If you really desperate. stop everything your doing, and search the internet for Wai's Diet. I had cysts too on my legs, back, and face a while ago, but the diet killed those things and they never return. Yet i still get little ones, which i can clear by following the diet very strictly. Anyways, let me know if you want more detail, ill supply it for ya. Good luck man. Take it easy.

Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 PM   #6
Veteran

Testament HB User
im 18 now, my facial acne 'spread' to my body around the age of 16. My face has gotten a lot better in the last couple years but my body acne has been more the focus of my attention of late. Both have improved in the last year so I guess I should be happy.

Im use Neutrogena Acne Clear Body Wash with AHA (Havnt seen too much improvement with this yet)

Before I used Head and Shoulders to wash my chest, back, neck etc, and it helped quite a bit... but after about 3 weeks it stopped working for me. Id say it helped about 50% over the first 3 week period, then from the 4th to 8th week there was no change.

Ill let you know how this bottle of neutrogena works for me. Best of luck bro.

Cheers.

Old 06-28-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
(male)

MachOneMustang HB User
First off, thanks to everyone who's helpin me out. What would I do without you guys?

Anyway, in answer to bunny9987, yes I have been on every anti-biotic in the book over these past 5 years and I've been goin to a derm for 4 of them. I TRIED Accutane for 5 days exactly, 2 days into it I got the "initial breakout"... but it was very very bad, not leaving a clear spot on my entire face (probably around 20 cysts/postules, and an uncountable number of severe whiteheads), no joke. My derm even told me that my body didn't react as he would have liked to the drug. This was almost 3 years ago, and to this day I am still recovering from that breakout. The reason why I stopped is that I couldn't deal with the potential health risks. Yes... I'm paranoid. It doesnt matter to me how many have such good results with it and how safe it is... I know my luck... I have none. I have ALOT of bad luck actually, but that's a different story. About the iodine, yes, I know that causes breakouts and I honestly think that's what did it for me. That or one of the vitamins themselves my body doesn't like too much (maybe vitamin A... in the way my body reacted to Accutane?)

If I stuck with Accutane would my face be clear by now and would I be leading a much better,10x less stressful life? Very could be. That's something I will never know the answer to. I believe in fate, and that helps me sometimes when I comes to issues like that. I think "It wasn't meant to work out and this is how its supposed to be." Maybe its the wrong thing to think, but it comforts me most of the time. Regret is a you know what.

In regards to Someperson and the Wai diet thing. I think that they DO work and all but I just can't make that commitment to something like that, even when it has to do with my acne. But anyway, thanks.

Testament, let me know how that stuff works dude, I'd be glad to find out. They say you don't know what you have until you lose it. Before, that was having clear skin. NOW... for me, that has changed in the fact that I never had to worry about my body breaking out, and now I do! Ugh.

Thanks again everyone, and keep em comin!

Closed Thread