It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2003, 07:16 AM   #1
Inactive

Divine HB User
Post white marks under skin

just wondering what these are? I have these white marks, dots, and other weird shapes assorted around my cheeks and chin, you can see them close up, I had bad acne before and went on accutane 2 years ago and theyve been there ever since. never broke out, so i just assumed they were scars left behind from large pimples. They are slightly raised, or like right under the skin.
Im not sure if they're clogged or trapped bacteria, because I have gotten that problem around my neck and they break out within 3 weeks. But 2 years??? am I just being paranoid? they couldnt be cysts?
I read some EMMANUAL say that they had something similar and that they were in fact warts??? good god I hope not?

Old 06-28-2003, 07:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I had two of these biopsied a few years back and the report came back showing that they were just harmless skin growths of a non-specific origin. In other words, just a buildup of cells on the skin. You can always get a derm to freeze them off if they really bother you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2003, 07:41 AM   #3
Inactive

Divine HB User
but theyre not warts right? couldnt be cause theyre mainly under the skin.... anything but warts lol nooooooooooooooo I couldnt cope with that hahaha i really am being paranoid.

Old 06-28-2003, 10:04 AM   #4
Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
Hi,

First of all, my Derm said they could be warts, but doesn't know for sure--that's why I got the biopsy.

Second, what is so gross about warts--you should be more concerned that it is skin cancer.
~Emma

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 06-28-2003, 03:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
My daughter had tiny warts growing near her lips. The derm froze them off and that was it. Very simple. She was grossed out, but like Em said, WHY? Just another skin growth and nothing serious.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:05 PM   #6
Inactive

Divine HB User
were your ones warts poreoily? im not grossed out its just that.. dont they spread or something?? I dont know.. if they were warts they would of spread all over my face by now from shaving..... or gone by now... and plus they are underneath the skin..

Old 06-28-2003, 11:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Mine weren't warts. Just a buildup of cells and harmless. Once they were taken out, just like my daughter's warts being frozen off, they didn't come back. You might want to see a derm and get them taken off or at least looked at. Both our treatments were covered by our insurance. She had several warts, and since she already had some on her elbows, maybe they spread to the skin around her mouth, or it was just the virus causing them that broke out somewhere else.

Closed Thread