It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2003, 10:44 AM   #1

Cynister905 HB User
Post B5 story and questions

Hi, I've suffered from mild-moderate acne all throughout my teens and now into my early 20's. About 2-3 years ago I remember coming to this board, reading about B5 and going on it. After about 4-5 months of 6g/day my skin was no longer oily, unfortunatly some acne persisted but it was much much better! Well the B5 got expensive, I was paying my way through university by working a crappy part time job and just couldn't afford it any longer, so I had to abandon B5 so I could eat and pay my tuition.

Now I'm 22, I've landed a great full time job and have decided to go back on B5. I remember taking Natural Factors brand 1g or 500mg (can't remember) tablets, they no longer carry this at the local nutrition house or any other place I could find. The only B5 I was able to locate in my area is the Swiss Natural Sources Timed Release 1000mg tablets. They are labelled as D-Pantothenic acid, but the lady there assured me it was B5 and if my memory served me correctly this was in fact the stuff. I never took time release before.

Anyone ever had experience with this brand and this particular time released tablet? Are there any brands you'd suggest switching to after this bottle has run out that I can get without spending too much online that will ship to Canada hassle free?

I plan on taking 2g 3x daily for a total of 6g, I'll see how it goes the first few weeks before altering how much I take, does this sound good to you experts out there?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

[This message has been edited by Cynister905 (edited 06-29-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Cynister905 (edited 06-29-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2003, 03:18 PM   #2

cali99boy HB User
I personally use Twinlab brand. How much is this costing you per bottle and how many tablets does it contain?

I have the 500mg/pill with 250 in each.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:35 PM   #3

Cynister905 HB User
it was $17 for 90 1000mg pills. Keep in mind that's Canadian currency

Closed Thread