It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2003, 08:25 PM   #1

mudpixie HB User
Post Went swimming yesterday......

Okay.. the strangest thing happened, and it's pretty cool. I've always had a problem w/ clogged pores all over my t-zone and blackheads on my nose, and I had maybe 3 or 4 little pimples scattered around my face yesterday. I went swimming yesterday (and went under water for the first time this summer) and when I woke up this morning my face was virtually 99% CLEAR. No clogged pores, no blackheads, and every pimple was drying up!!! My face felt a little tight and dry but at the same time SOOO smooth. I know it MUST have been the chlorine or chemicals in the pool water. But it was so weird, like some overnight miracle cure or something.

But, on the other hand, my red marks looked worse for a while and my face was so sensitive I couldn't put anything on it. I hope this doesnt backfire on me and turn into a huge breakout.

Anyone else ever done this???

Old 06-28-2003, 08:29 PM   #2

Jo Blo HB User
The people that I was used to seeing that swam a lot had bad skin. I dont know. Those chemicals are probably pretty bad for your skin after a while. I notice what helps my skin is splashes of cold water when Im sweating, I know that's weird, but it's made my skin look better before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2003, 09:33 PM   #3

Tummy HB User
I work at a pool. For some people, chlorine is great for skin, but for others its really bad. depends on skin type. A lot of people think a bunch of chemicals are in a pool, but in most pools, its just plain chlorine at about 8-10% which is exactly the same as Clorox Bleach, only clorox is 2-3%. People fail to realize they swim in bleach!!! Sometimes we add some muriatic acid to balance pH, but this could be the only thing that really affects someones skin. pools will dry out your skin a lot, but for some people, they can help.

Old 06-28-2003, 11:02 PM   #4
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
I was just about to post about this. I was a lifeguard and I used to swim laps 3-4 times/week last summer and I'm considering doing it again this summer to see how my skin responds (I didn't have acne last year). Sometimes I think chlorine can be surprisingly good for the skin. It kills bacteria and gets rid of greasiness. It might get overly drying, but I'm willing to give it a shot. Plus swimming laps is great exercise.

Old 06-29-2003, 01:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
When I swim in chlorinated water I find my skin usually improves.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:13 PM   #6

papa new guinea HB User
I swim in the ocean and that seems to help up my skin as well either that or the sun.

Old 06-29-2003, 03:51 PM   #7
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
I wish i could go swimming.. but these damn marks on my chest are pretty bad...purple marks from previous zits on my chest/back.

Closed Thread