It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 07:47 PM   #1

labellefille HB User
Gave up ALL dairy... acne finally gone!

I used to think diet had nothing to do with acne. I've changed my mind.

I've had moderate acne basically since age 10 (I'm 20 now). Three weeks ago I decided to cut out ALL dairy from my diet. Everything. I've never been a milk drinker (don't like the taste) but I always ate a lot of cheese, yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese, etc. A few times in the past, I've cut out cheese because some people say that makes them break out, but it didn't help me very much.

Anyway. I also started checking ingredients and avoiding EVERYTHING with any dairy. This was really hard, because a lot of stuff (even soy cheese!) has dairy hidden in there.

After one week, JUST one week, my skin was almost completely clear. By the second week I didn't have a single spot left. This is the first time in 10 years my face has been so clear!!!

Just to test, I tried eating a little bit of yogurt after 2 weeks. The next two days, my skin was breaking out again. I haven't had any dairy since then, and my acne is clearing up again.

Just thought I'd share this in case it helps anyone. I think everyone's body is different, but I realize now that MY acne is directly related to food, and I bet there are plenty of other people out there who break out from what they eat. Just a thought.

Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
(male)

Redneck Joe HB User
Re: Gave up ALL dairy... acne finally gone!

I'm not surprised. I've heard that reducing dairy products can have an effect on preventing acne.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2006, 11:28 PM   #3
(male)

xjustsaymaybex HB User

Did you have any red marks and if so did giving up dairy get rid of them?

Old 09-26-2006, 10:45 AM   #4
(female)

Jasmine07 HB User

same thing with me. i gave up dairy for about a month and my skin improved a whole lot. then a few days ago i kind of forgot about it, and i had some cheese and pudding, and what do you know in the next two days i got about four major zits! ouch

Old 09-27-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Inactive

JB21 HB User

It's funny how all the "experts" say diet has nothing to do with acne, and people with acne swear it does. For me it was sugar, and even after being clear for some time now a few sodas and some cake will cause me to break out.

Old 09-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

red13 HB User

i didnt notice any difference hwn i had acne -eating dairy,but it makes sense as its full of hormones and the milking equipment used are coated in iodine which i read can aggravate acne also.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
(female)

jstin HB User

Okay guys. I am going to give the no dairy thing a try. I think I have been dairy free for 3 days. I am unsure because of the hidden dairy in some foods. I have experienced no new breakouts yet, just the ones that were already there. I will let you know in a couple of days how it is going.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
(female)

michellemm2 HB User

wow good for you! i've been a vegan for years now, i've still got spots!

Old 10-02-2006, 11:19 AM   #9
(female)

skkelly8 HB User

my brother swears his skin breaks out when he eats dairy. he has been eating less and his skin looks a lot better. makes no difference to me, but dairy gives me a sore throat so i avoid it anyway... i have heard this a lot though, that dairy makes some people break out. good for you!

Old 10-04-2006, 12:04 AM   #10
(male)

kHan artist HB User

see an allergist...you'll be surprised to find out what you may be allergic to. I have a moderate allergy to Cow's milk - go figure since I've been drinking on avg at least a gallon of Cow's milk every week since i was a little kid. I've switched to Soy's milk for good. Sadly, I just need to avoid everything else with cow's milk in it but not forcing down gallons of cows milk through my system is definitely a big change.

It seems when I avoid cow's milk my acne improves. I drank a few too many milkshakes this weekend and broke out in that period. I'm going to try to avoid all cows milk for a longer period and let you all know how it goes.

Last edited by kHan artist; 10-04-2006 at 12:05 AM.

Closed Thread