It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 02:05 PM   #16
(female)

cassidy16f HB User
Re: Yaz and acne

I'm just curious...I know this sounds a little crazy, but what should I expect when starting yaz? I started my period last Thursday and my doc said for me to start on Sunday. So I've taken 3 pills so far. Should I expect the pills to stop my period early or expect it to continue for the full 7 days? What was your typical experience like for the first month you were on a BC pill? Just trying to know what I should expect! Thanks in advance.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:01 AM   #17
(female)

teagirl16 HB User

I am new to this and I have just started my 3rd week on yaz, and so far no side effects, i had slight spotting a couple days ago, but nothing serious. I have had acne on my cheeks and jawline only and my doctor thinks its hormonal. i pray that this works, i hope so. has anyone had acne on their cheeks only? if it is hormonal i hope the yaz will clear it up. time i guess. i just hope it doesnt get worse, my acne isnt that bad, but enough to make me deppressed. i also started this organic herbal caffeen free tea, that is for hormonal balance, and i have been pretty relaxed. i am just curious to see what happens. i have had a bad experience with orthotrycyclen GENERIC. i think that pill made my acne worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2007, 08:33 AM   #18
(female)

cassidy16f HB User

Hi. I'm now starting my 4th month of Yaz. So far it is going really really well. I did spot through the first 2 months and that about drove me CRAZY and then I made the decision to bicycle (not to take the white pills) between my 2nd & 3rd month because I got married and was on my honeymoon and didn't want to be on my period. So, in doing that I started early this month (about 2/3rds the way through my 3rd pack). I just started my 4th pack last night and have hopes that I won't have spotting this month.

As far as the acne. I'm in the exact same boat. I decided to go on Yaz to help with moodiness/emotional swings & acne. It is helping, but I also think that the new face products I'm using are REALLY helping too. It's the best stuff I've EVER used. If you are interested in trying it, you have to order it online. It is an Arbonne product line called Clear Advantage and it is the best face wash/toner/acne lotion I've EVER used. I'm hooked. Between that and the Yaz, my face has almost 100% cleared up. It is SOOO nice and I do know what you mean about having acne and it making you feel down. Back to the Arbonne. If you want to order some, you have to have a consultant number. You are welcome to use mine. It's #16713659. All you have to do from there is sign up for an account and then you can order. If you want to know how you can order at a discount (35% off) let me know and I can tell you how you can sign up to do that.

Good luck and best wishes!!!! Natalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagirl16 View Post
I am new to this and I have just started my 3rd week on yaz, and so far no side effects, i had slight spotting a couple days ago, but nothing serious. I have had acne on my cheeks and jawline only and my doctor thinks its hormonal. i pray that this works, i hope so. has anyone had acne on their cheeks only? if it is hormonal i hope the yaz will clear it up. time i guess. i just hope it doesnt get worse, my acne isnt that bad, but enough to make me deppressed. i also started this organic herbal caffeen free tea, that is for hormonal balance, and i have been pretty relaxed. i am just curious to see what happens. i have had a bad experience with orthotrycyclen GENERIC. i think that pill made my acne worse.

Old 04-14-2007, 07:42 AM   #19
(female)

vega1318 HB User
Talking Re: Yaz and acne

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagirl16 View Post
Hi! I've been on Yaz for 4 months now. I was also on Minocycline which I stopped a month ago to see if I really need both or not. I haven't experienced worsened acne although it did seem to stick around for a while. I'm not seeing TREMENDOUS results just yet but I do believe the amount of acne is slowly getting better. The oiliness in my face and back is gone! My periods are certainly lighter, there's no cramping and I haven't gained any weight. I'm not sure if I cry a bit more readily now but that hasn't been a problem either. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied as I've never had steadily 'ok' skin off Minocycline so Yaz must be doing something. Perhaps, I'll write back with "NO ACNE AT ALL!" in a few months time -- let's hope so.

Good luck!

Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #20
(female)

stupiddd123 HB User

Do Not Use This Birth Control. I Went On Yaz To Help My Acne And It Has Made It Worse. I Am Breaking Out All Along My Chin And Jaw, Worse Than I Ever Had Before. It Has Made Me Depressed And I Cry About It Everyday. Never Felt So Bad About Myself. I Am Stopping After I'm Done With This Pack. Do Not Use This Pill, Unless You Want To Ruin Your Life.

Old 05-09-2007, 02:44 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupiddd123 View Post
Do Not Use This Birth Control. I Went On Yaz To Help My Acne And It Has Made It Worse. I Am Breaking Out All Along My Chin And Jaw, Worse Than I Ever Had Before. It Has Made Me Depressed And I Cry About It Everyday. Never Felt So Bad About Myself. I Am Stopping After I'm Done With This Pack. Do Not Use This Pill, Unless You Want To Ruin Your Life.

I would not dismiss all birth control pills since this is what has cleared my daughter 100%.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #22
(female)

maria75 HB User

I am into my third week of active Yaz pills (1st month) and tomorrow is my last active one before I start the 4 blanks. Today I have some cramping and a bit more breakthrough bleeding than usual. I went on Yaz primarily for acne, recommended by my dermatologist and prescribed by my ob-gyn.
I've really only gotten hormonal, cyclical, unpredictable acne sans the pill, and this month I have had none, with the exception of a blister-like zit that I think I've gotten from too much sun/allergic reaction to sunblock so it's unrelated. In the past I've been on accutane & it works for awhile but my acne always returns, which is a clear sign that mine was hormonal. For the most part, my skin has been consistently better.
The first week on Yaz I had anxiety and nausea, had to pee more, plus some wakefulness during sleep, but now that has subsided. I have not gained any weight but unfortunately my boobs haven't gotten much bigger - maybe a little more filled out I've been on Aviane/Alesse in the past and my boobs were bigger on that one, then again, so was my budonkodonk.
The only problem I've had so far on Yaz that has been a real ongoing drag is breakthrough bleeding. Some days it's just staining, others it's like a substantial flow and it doesn't matter if I take it the same time of day or not. I called my ob-gyn about it and basically if it doesn't stop by the end of the 2nd or early 3rd month, I should come in. I know 3 months seems to be the average waiting time, but it's such a DRAG to have to wear some kind of tampon/liner every day this month. I really hope it stops. I'm taking the longview and staying on it because I don't want to waste the time I've already invested and my skin HAS been much better. If anyone else has had ongoing breakthrough bleeding on Yaz, please let me know if/when it stopped.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #23
(female)

Avantgardegrrl HB User

Hey Soccermomof2, I had the same problem. I've been on Yaz for a little over a week now, I was put on it because I am an Anorexic of many years & haven't menstruated in over 7 years so they wanted to try to almost force a period out of me. Well, I have never had acne in my life (I'm 21) & all of the sudden, all these deep zits popped up! I went to the dermatologist today, really spooked about it & he said Yaz was actually supposed to help fix acne. Not the case for me! He perscribed me an acne topical cream called "Differin". Maybe it will help me, perhaps it will help you too!

Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

[QUOTE=Avantgardegrrl;3016056]Hey Soccermomof2, I had the same problem. I've been on Yaz for a little over a week now, I was put on it because I am an Anorexic of many years & haven't menstruated in over 7 years so they wanted to try to almost force a period out of me. Well, I have never had acne in my life (I'm 21) & all of the sudden, all these deep zits popped up! I went to the dermatologist today, really spooked about it & he said Yaz was actually supposed to help fix acne. Not the case for me! He perscribed me an acne topical cream called "Differin". Maybe it will help me, perhaps it will help you too![/Q

Seems like they should be treating the anorexia and then your periods will start on their own. I hope you are. It's wierd that it helps the ones that have acne and causes it when you don't. I don't get it. When I used to not get periods they would put me on progestin (I think that's what it was). I would take it for a week and then get a period. Then I found a vitamin company that has a product that always produced a period for me. Wish I could tell you which one but I will get my hand slapped from the mod.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #25
(female)

Taysmommy HB User

I have been on Yaz and Spironolactone for almost a year now. I have struggled with acne for most of my life. I did accutane twice. This has finally cleared me up. I have put on some weight with the BC pill, but its better than the acne.

I am on yaz and 50mg of spiro. My Dr. bumped me up to 100mg of spiro yesterday bc of weight gain. Maybe I'll pee it all out? dunno but it works great! Different people respond differently to many things, but this is great. I'm happy with the results (other than the weight).

Old 06-09-2007, 08:53 AM   #26
(female)

XsomegirlX HB User

is yaz all that great? cuz i was actually happy with my face. like i didnt have really any zits or anything at all for like months (i know!!!!) and now that i have started apri i...well...yeah. not so pretty. =( i was just wondering since i have only been on it for a month that does it get better after a while? or is it cuz of the BC? cuz wondering i guess.

Old 09-29-2007, 11:28 PM   #27
(female)

linsmom HB User

Hello all! I am a "mom" on a mission to help my daughter with her acne problem. I have been researching awhile now, and have found this message board to be informative, helpful and encouraging. My initial post will probably be too long for most of you, but hopefully, one of you will hang long enough to read it through and offer some advice...
My daughter is now 14, and at this point has moderate/severe acne. Her initial acne began at 12. It has progressively worsened to overall facial acne, as well as, neck, chest & back acne.
I began addressing this issue with her pediatrian at age 12 - (he did prescribe Differin and then sent us on to the derm)...After two years of regimented care with topicals & antibiotics, by two different dermatologists, both of which continually encouraged "acne surgery" and flat-out refused to consider oral contraceptive (even after acknowledging my history-mild cystic acne early teen (15yrs old)-which BC cured at 18yrs old)....I was determined to get BC for acne treatment for my child, who was in complete misery. I researched the topic, and went back to our peditrician's office with my last attempt to attain this in an acceptable manner. Thank goodness, the female dr on staff that day, could relate to the pain & suffering my child has been experiencing, because she too had suffered with acne, knew the pain, listened to our circumstance, and finally gave us a presc. for Yaz.
I hope this will help my daughter....she is only 1 week in, but we are again, hopeful! She asks me everyday..."mom, does my face look better?"
Looking for feedback from others who have used Yaz for Acne Treatment, or from mom's with children that suffer with acne and how they have helped their children cope with it and what has worked for them.
Thanks so much for your time!

Old 09-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #28
(female)

ordinary10 HB User

Hi-
I was jus wonderin how everyone was doing on yaz....i was looking over the post and notice it goes back to almost a year ago. I would really love to know how any of you are doing now. I just finished my first month of yasmin...are yaz and yasmin the same?....my doc was talking like they were but just wonderin. Also how long did it take to see weight loss?- i feel like i've only gained weight. I tried creating another post for yaz not too long ago n only one person responded. i have so many questions it really would be nice to talk to someone who knows. So I hope someone can get back to me and i hope that it it's good news- i would really appreciate it. Thank you!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:10 AM   #29
(female)

kimpy HB User

Yaz has spironolactone in it. It takes about 4 months for the spiro to do its magic. When I was on spiro, it made my skin worse before better, but it does give you nice skin. I made me less irritable as well and I had zero cramps and no bloating. Unfortunately, I am allergic to it so I had to stop. You just have to be patient.

Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by linsmom View Post
Hello all! I am a "mom" on a mission to help my daughter with her acne problem. I have been researching awhile now, and have found this message board to be informative, helpful and encouraging. My initial post will probably be too long for most of you, but hopefully, one of you will hang long enough to read it through and offer some advice...
My daughter is now 14, and at this point has moderate/severe acne. Her initial acne began at 12. It has progressively worsened to overall facial acne, as well as, neck, chest & back acne.
I began addressing this issue with her pediatrian at age 12 - (he did prescribe Differin and then sent us on to the derm)...After two years of regimented care with topicals & antibiotics, by two different dermatologists, both of which continually encouraged "acne surgery" and flat-out refused to consider oral contraceptive (even after acknowledging my history-mild cystic acne early teen (15yrs old)-which BC cured at 18yrs old)....I was determined to get BC for acne treatment for my child, who was in complete misery. I researched the topic, and went back to our peditrician's office with my last attempt to attain this in an acceptable manner. Thank goodness, the female dr on staff that day, could relate to the pain & suffering my child has been experiencing, because she too had suffered with acne, knew the pain, listened to our circumstance, and finally gave us a presc. for Yaz.
I hope this will help my daughter....she is only 1 week in, but we are again, hopeful! She asks me everyday..."mom, does my face look better?"
Looking for feedback from others who have used Yaz for Acne Treatment, or from mom's with children that suffer with acne and how they have helped their children cope with it and what has worked for them.
Thanks so much for your time!

Hi mom, I can relate to your pain. I hated watching my daughter go through this. I think she handled it better than me. She started out with antibiotics at about age 12 or 13 and along with regular bio-medic plus peels she was clear for about two years. then it got bad again for some reason and she tried ortho-tri-cyclen which made her skin terrible. she went on accutane after that which was a nightmare. she scarred from the experience. now, 7 years later, she is on yasmin and 50 mgs. of spiro which is what has worked for the last year. she also sees a naturopath who is attempting to wean her off of the antibiotcs with detox's and pro-biotics. the meds messed up her digestive system but the body has an amazing ability to heal itself if given the right tools. i had the exact same problems in my late teens and birth control pills are what worked for me. they are better than taking antibiotics for sure and also easier at this age when kids don't want to be bothered thinking too much about their skin. they just would rather be living their lives. good luck to you and check in here often and let us know how you are doing.

Closed Thread