It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User
Yaz and acne

I just started Yaz (birth control) about 2 weeks ago. My ob/gyn thought it may help my skin. I have been very oily and breaking out since I gave birth in February. Has anyone else been taking Yaz and has it helped acne?

Old 10-01-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
(female)

♥Tala♥ HB User
Re: Yaz and acne

I just started using it today, and I have acne pretty bad. I'll let you know if it helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2006, 05:32 AM   #3
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User

cool. I just started my 3rd week Saturday night. Please keep me updated, and I will you too, on your progress and symptoms. Some days I am better than others. Acne is so strange, nothing there one minute, then the next time you look in the mirror, there is a new one in a place where there were none before! Have you ever been on birth control before? If so, what kinds and did you have any luck with your acne? I have been on orthotricyclen, but it was about 4-5 years ago and I had to stop taking it b/c it gave me sever headaches. So, far, no headaches with Yaz! Also, do you mind me asking your age? I am 28 and just wondering if we are close to the same age if we will have the same reactions.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:53 AM   #4
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User
Question Anyone else on Yaz??

Just wondering if anyone else was on the birth control pill Yaz and wanted to know their experiences......anything would be helpful. I am 28 years old and just am finishing my 1st pack of Yaz. I was put on it to help with my acne, but so far, have not noticed much difference. My dr said the magic number is 3 months, but I wondered if anyone had any experiences to share

Old 10-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
(female)

jlc5 HB User

I just started my 3rd month of YAZ. Before starting YAZ I would get the occasional pimple, usually around the time I got my period. I asked my OBG to perscribe a pill that would not cause acne or weight gain and would help with my severe cramps. She suggested YAZ. Unfortunately for me it has seemed to increase the amount of pimples I am getting. My OBG suggested I wait a full 3 months before I decide to change pills so I am waiting till the end of this pack before I decide to stay on it or change. Other than an increase in acne the other side effects that I have noticed are, trouble sleeping(I wake up alot at night, didn't before the pill), sore breasts and being very emotional (cry easily)during my period. It has really helped with my severe cramps and my period is now very light and only 1 to 2 days.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Can you tell me why you all chose Yaz over Yasmin? Just curious. My daughter is in her fifth month of Yasmin and spiro combo and has improved tremendously. Don't know if that helps or not.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:38 AM   #7
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User

My dr chose Yaz because I wanted a low does birth control because I have not done well on others in the past (headaches, stomach pain, etc). It seems like there are A LOT of good things about Yasmin. How long did it take for your daughter's acne to start clearing up to see an improvement?

Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

skimom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermomof2
My dr chose Yaz because I wanted a low does birth control because I have not done well on others in the past (headaches, stomach pain, etc). It seems like there are A LOT of good things about Yasmin. How long did it take for your daughter's acne to start clearing up to see an improvement?

I would say she saw a change right from the start. She broke out some in the 2nd - 4th months and now in the 5th, one side of her face is virtually clear. This is a huge change because her cheeks have been mostly broken out in the last couple of years. I only see her month-to-month because she is away at school and I could tell this month that there was a big improvement over last month. They say to give bc pills a good 6 months before making a decision and I can see that this is true. Yasmin has had a totally different effect than ortho-tri-cyclen which did not work for her plus she gained weight. I feel that the spironolactone has also helped a lot. It would be interesting to see if a lower dose pill such as Yaz would work as well.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:11 AM   #9
(female)

nboocher HB User

Hang in there with them for at least six months! I am 25 and started getting really bad acne on both of my cheeks and down my neck last year. I am on my 5th pack of Yaz and the difference is amazing. One side of my face is completely clear and the other has two pimples that are in the process of fading away. Prior to starting them it was really bad I looked like a teenager with full blown hormonal problems. It did take about 3 months for me to start seeing a difference and then this 5th pack has really made the difference. I have had no other symptoms from the pills at all and my cramping is much lighter. I have not gained weight on them but I did have breakthrough bleeding during my 2nd pack but have not had it since. Hope this helps a little.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #10
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User

yes, that information REALLY helps me A LOT! I just wanted to hear positive experiences, so that I would know whether or not to keep giving the YAZ another month. I truly hope I have the same results. I am 1 1/2 months into taking the pills and the only change I can see so far is that I have a little less oil on my face at the end of the day. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They truly mean a lot.

Old 11-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #11
(female)

cassidy16f HB User

Please keep me updated too on all of your progress. My doctor just gave me YAZ to start this month to clear up acne and PMS symptoms. She says I should see big changes in 1-3 months. From the sounds of things this may not be true...although I sure hope it is!!! May just take a little longer. I've also read LOTS of negative reactions to YAZ...have you guys had any negative side effects??? I'm trying to decide whether to take this or not and any insight is sure appreciated!
Natalie

Old 11-03-2006, 05:31 AM   #12
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User

Cassidy:

I am now almost finished with my 2nd pack of Yaz. I did have break thru bleeding this month (someone else posted that this happened to them during their 2nd month too). Other than that, no other side effects. I have seen a little decrease in my acne this month, so I hope it gets better and better. I hear it may take into my 5th month, so I am willing to wait, nothing else has seemed to help. I really enjoy reading these posts....they are encouraging. So, hang in there, give Yaz a try and we will keep encouraging each other here on this post!

Old 11-03-2006, 07:16 AM   #13
(female)

august95 HB User

I just had to post to this topic! I have been on Yaz for almost 3 months, I still have 1 1/2 weeks till I finish the 3rd pack. My acne has gotten better, right now I only have one large pimple on my chin and it's only bad because i picked and picked at it! I have mild cramping at the beginning of my period and it only last approx 2 -3 days, which is great. I have lost 2 lbs and I definately notice that I'm not as bloated before and during my period, which is also great. The only bad side effect (not sure if the pill is causing this or not) is my hair is thinning out. I have had problems with this before I was on Yaz. I seem to shed a lot of hair if I get really sick and some medications do this to me. Hopefully this info has helped you and try to stick with it.

Old 11-03-2006, 08:07 AM   #14
(female)

soccermomof2 HB User

August95:

How bad was your acne before? I would say that I have mild to moderate acne. More moderate lately. when did you start to see results to help with your acne? My dr keeps telling me that 3 months is the key, but then I read some of the posts and they say more like 5-6 months.

Old 11-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #15
(female)

august95 HB User

soccormomof2:

I would say I started seeing results after 2 months, but definately better results just recently. So 2 1/2 months for sure, I hope mine continues to get better and better as the months go by. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread