It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2003, 05:46 AM   #1
(female)

plm10467 HB User
Post proactiv

I finaly broke down an bought proactiv acne solution. I hope it works if not I will be turning it back in. I have known people who have bought it and had good results I hope it works.

Anyone else tried it? What were the results in details? Any advice?

plm

Old 06-30-2003, 12:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
honestly try it. I have been battling acne for 10 years. I used it 2 years ago. I was going to go on accutane back then,but i bought proactiv from the tv. AND IT WORKED. I have always had cysts. everything went away, in only about 6 weeks. I did have an initial breakout during the first few days. My skin never looked so good. My whole life changed. I was a totally different person. My face had not been that smooth and clear since 6th grade. But after a year and 10 months, it all started back up again with these huge CYSTS on my chin. this was last fall. i tried new antibiotcs, and retin-a. nothing at all is working. I am going on accutane in 2 weeks, when i get my period. I can't wait! so anyway i felt extremely betrayed because i thought it would work forever. I have no idea why it stopped working. I asked my derm, who is a *****,i just got a new one. He said with a disgusted look on his face, proactiv is just benzoyal perixide. i said well you haven't seen me here in 2 years, it WORKED. For some reason i don't think he believed me. So i will tell you to try it, i don't know your history or if your acne is mild, moderate or severe. But the reason i am on this board now, is because proactiv stopped working for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2003, 02:30 PM   #3

aspina77 HB User
I agree with her...it did stop working after a while. I've had mild acne since i was 15, i'm now 26 and still have some acne and some red spots. However, I do find that when I stop using it, even for a few days, the acne flares up and is controlled by only a few applications, although it never completely goes away. I can't tell you how my acne would be if I stopped treatment altogether because I'm afraid of what would happen. So I definitely recommend it, if not for a cure, but to control the acne. Hope this helps.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
Thumbs down

it def. controlled it, becaue when i stopped it completely, my face erupted!When i tried to go back to it, forget it.. it wouldn't listen.

Old 06-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #5

mudpixie HB User
I think it really depends on your skin type. I used Proactiv a long time ago, and I wasn't really aware that I had EXTREMELY sensitive skin. I figured if it worked for those people on TV then it would work for me.

So I used it, and for about two weeks it worked like a miracle. Then my face started getting really red and the pimples turned into huge pustules. I got frustrated and started scrubbing and irritating my skin and putting tons of the BP on it. By the time I figured out that I was KILLING my skin, it was too late and I had to stop using it.

But, then again, most of that was my own stupid fault anyway... so it might work for you. It's just way too abrasive for sensitive skin type.

And I have friends who have perfect skin- they swear by Proactiv and they love it. So it's probably an OK product just not for everybody.

Old 06-30-2003, 06:06 PM   #6
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Thumbs up

I liked it. It really helped to exfoliate my skin and to control the breakouts. The only thing was that it got a little too expensive and too drying. My skin began to feel a little scaly, but I didn't use a moisturizer in addition to the 3 steps, so this could be the reason.

If it doesn't work for you, be sure to send it back and get your money-back guarantee. Also make sure that you call to cancel your membership to that club that sends you the kit automatically every 3 months. It is a bit of a hassle, but it's worth it to get your money back and to stop them from continuously charging you.

Good luck! Just monitor your skin's reaction! Some people are allergic to BPO, so look out for excessive redness, dryness, rash, or if you experience an increase in breakouts. I hope it works as well for you as it did for me!

Old 06-30-2003, 10:21 PM   #7

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
Talking

i tried proactiv back in august and it did work for me but than i stopped and broke out. it wasnt that bad though. i'm thinking on going back on it. im not sure. my acne cleared up in about 5 days but mine wasnt that bad...i only had it on my forehead and a lil on the cheeks. but when i broke out again it was in a different place- my jawline! let us know how it goes! good luck with proactiv and I hope it works for you!!

Old 07-01-2003, 09:57 PM   #8

wantsittoend HB User
im on proactiv right now. its been about 3 weeks. i wouldn't say im overjoyed with the results. My face is very oily, so i bought the proactiv oil control and it did nothing. im still getting pimples 3 weeks into treatment, and really if proactiv does anything it should stop new pimples from forming,; that's what they say it does. im think ill continue with it for another 2 weeks or so, because really i dont have a lot of other options. for those it worked for: when did u notice a big change?

Closed Thread