It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

Redneck Joe HB User
Pimples coming back at faster rate

I went off Accutane on August 21, and since then, I've had a return of pimples on my face [my back is doing dandy, thank you very much ], though not that many, and they were mostly small ones, too. Now, the pimples are cropping up much faster than before. A few months ago, it would only be 1 - 3 that would form and eventually dry up. Now, it seems I'm possibly forming up to 10 at a time. Fortunately, most of the pimples still remain small, but regardless, something is not right for the rate to be exploding as it is. Also, I am getting scalp acne again, which is what I had before taking Accutane.

As I said in another post, I don't see how Accutane can actually be a cure because it doesn't really fix the overproduction in oil - all it does is just dries skin for as long as you take it, but it doesn't fix whatever it is that provides the skin with so much excess oil.

Anyway, I am worried. I don't know what to do. I wash my face and all that, but it does no good. I've also been on an anti-dairy diet, but that hasn't helped any. I don't know what else I can do. There are still a few things I haven't tried, but regardless, I don't know if I'll have the time to do them, because I've got a dermatologist appointment in 3 days, and I am afraid my derm will put me right back on that Accutane crap, which I know well won't fix my problem. It seems that it's certainly improved it, but it sure hasn't fixed the problem because pimples are coming back (on my face and scalp) at a fast rate compared to directly when I got off the stuff. I don't want to be back on Accutane because it is annoying to take all those doses, not to mention the crusty lips.

I think I can handle the problem in the short term. What I want to know is how I can deal with this long term without getting on Accutane.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 03:11 PM   #2
(female)

jillr HB User
Re: Pimples coming back at faster rate

Ok, now I'm scared. I'm finishing up my last month of accutane, and I've been nervous about a breakout.I have no advise, but I hope you find a solution.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:40 PM   #3
(female)

SweetAmy87 HB User
Re: Pimples coming back at faster rate

I went off of accutane in April 06 and eventually got back all of the oil and stuff, i get like 1-2 pimples, very small, every week or so and it doesnt bother me because its nothing like what it used to be. I think this is finally a chance to not over medicate and over pick our faces. Ive been bad about picking lately and im gonna try to stop completely to stop the spread of bacteria. Also, i knwo everyone says drink more water but i think im gonna seriously try to down at least 8 glasses a day and see if that helps. Your skin makes oil because it thinks it needs to and almost nothing on the outside of the skin will help that, but if the skin is well hydrated i think it will create less oil because it wont need excess moisture. I wish you all luck and try not to stress too much, enjoy the time when you dont have full blown acne!

Closed Thread