It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
(male)

frogthedon HB User
What exactly are microdermabrasions used for?

Okay, I am 19 years old and have been suffering from cystic acne for about 2 years now. I have some dark scars and red marks on my cheeks and chin from cysts. Some scars are old and some are new, now that my cysts have slowed down some I want to work on my acne scars, and brighten my skin back up and get it smooth and clear from scars again. I am also a black male but light skin, and the red marks and scars make my face look awfully dark from my neck complexion, so I want to brigthen my skin back up and get rid of the red marks and scars. But first off I want to know what exactly are microdermabrasions used for? and how do they work on the skin? if anyone know please let me know! i am thinking about purchasing the Vita K Solution At Home Microdermabrasion kit for 19.99 from walgreens, but I need to know has anyone tried this product? and if it works good for acne scars? if not what kind of microdermabrasion kit can i use, preferably an kit where I can get from walgreens or cvs inside a store so i dont have to order it, my price range is $20-$50 Any info about microdermabrasions and acne scars and purchasing a kit would be highly appreciated thank you all!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User
Re: What exactly are microdermabrasions used for?

It's used for a lot of the things you have mentioned - lightening acne scars/red marks, brightening skin tone, making skin smoother and softer, and may control breakouts to some degree. I haven't used the Vita K kit. The one I use is called Epidermx and I think it's online only.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread