It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

jamie451 HB User
How do you cope with your acne emotionally?

Ive had acne since i was 13, about 8 years now. I developed depression when i was around 14 - 15. I became almost totoally withdrawn from friends and even my own family. I couldnt talk to anyone about it, im the only one in my family with serious acne. I guess my upbringing just didnt help with talking about my feelings. I did work up the courage to go to doctors and stuff but it was never taken seriously. I became suicidal. Finally i broke down to my sister about my depression, i told her the reason was my skin and she didnt believe me. I can understand because unless you have had it then you cannot possible understand how bad it can make you feel. Right now i feel completely worthless in every way. I feel ugly, i feel like i cant live anymore! It might sound dramatic but thats just the way it is for me. Acne ruined my life. I cant cope and its driving me crazy, im scared because i feel like i have no future anymore. Ive got no one to talk to, it just hurts. How do you all cope? Am i the only one whos acne just wont go away!! Even if it did i'd be left with ugly red marks everywhere. Dont you ever just feel so sad about it? Ugh i need to stop because im just making it worse. I do try to stay positive, telling myself that i'll fight it one day and i'll be okay. But i have bad days alot too and today is definitely one of them. One of those get up and look in the mirror and cry days. I thikn your answers will help, i just needed to vent this all out! thanks for listening.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
(male)

xjustsaymaybex HB User
Re: How do you cope with your acne emotionally?

I know exactly how you feel in every way and sometimes I ask the same thing. I sometimes feel I'm being punished and often think of suicide. I'm 21, I've been battling acne for the past 5 years, I often play it on meningococcemia(which I had when I was 13), I assume thats the reason my skin is the way it is. I don't get terrible outbreaks, but they almost always leave red marks. I wouldn't mind having acne occasionally so much, if it wasn't for the red marks. I keep trying to find ways to fix my acne. I recentley started eating better and my skin started to clear up, but then this past week I had another breakout. My father said it was because I ate some cake(and he's always heard thats bad for acne), I take a multivitamin and drink alot of water as well as eat alot of fruits and vegetables. I never drink pop and I've give up fast food. Just today I started eating stuff like Salmon, Sardines and Tuna, hoping that they will help me in someone. I know they won't, but sometimes I just pray that something will. I don't consider myself a bad person, but I feel like I'm being punished.

But in everyway I understand how you feel.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
(female)

Jasminda HB User

I too know how you feel. I find that on days where I am very broken out I become very withdrawn and grouchy. I prefer to be alone and just stay at home. Sometimes it is hard to face my family and my fiancee too, I don't know why I do this to myself because I know they don't care. My mother has psoriasis and she tells me to forget feeling self conscious and not care what anyone else thinks. My fiancee tells me to stop worrying about what others think because most likely they could care less. If only all their words were enough.

On days where my skin is clear for me, it's a very good day. On days where my skin is bad all I want to do is be alone.

Well I guess I don't have a great solution, huh? I just want you to know you're not alone.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #4
(female)

jamie451 HB User

thankyou so very very much to all three of you. It makes me feel so much better knowing im not really alone in feeling this way that others deal with the same things too.
It feels so good to be able to talk about this stuff with people who can REALLY relate. Thanks again. We have each other for support i guess.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #5
(female)

SweetAmy87 HB User

yea, acne is very tough. I finally cured mine through accutane but i get breakouts more often now and i know it could come back any day now:-( It ruined my proms and all of my other big events because i would always be so worried about breaking out that i would and then i had to hide while everyone else had a good time. I know how you feel and i know how hard i cried everytime someone would ask me about my acne or everytime i would get 5 big huge zits in one day. Ive been relatively clear for a year now and the red marks are STILL visible. Acne is like a curse. My prayers are with you, you are not alone. I truly believe that one day, you'll wake up with a clear face and a whole new life ahead of you, until then, we are here for ya!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:22 AM   #6
(female)

Vdoe HB User

Its funny this was posted because just yest. i was totally down about my acne. i was crying on the phone to my mom because i was just so fed up with it. i start accutane at the end of the week. but i find myself avoiding certain situations because of my skin. and that sucks, i don't want to miss out on fun events because of my skin, but it does, it does take over your life. its the first thing i think about when i wake up, its the last thing i think about when i go to sleep, people make stupid comments to me, and it gets to you, it becomes overwhelming. i know it does. dont' think you are alone. i am just praying that accutane works for me....because i want my life back.

Closed Thread