It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2003, 01:26 PM   #1

darkangel HB User
Post WEATHER AND ACNE- please read

ive had 2 major breakouts. one in 2001 and the other in 2002. i noticed that they happened in the same time of year, a few days into november. at first i thought it was all of that halloween chocolate that made be breakout but then i remembered that i didnt eat any chocolate on halloween 2001. i also realized that i breakout when the weather changes into that colder autumn weather ( i live in vegas so fall weather hits us a bit late). i concluded that It was the weather that makes me breakout! is anyone faced with this dilema? what do you do to prevent this? can someone help me? i cant face another year of this. i will appreciate any replies. thanks. its hard knowing that your next breakout is inevitable.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2003, 04:33 PM   #2

janedee HB User
yes the weather has something to do with your acne. i was reading that the Derms busiest time of the year is at the end of summer.

it seems that the sun kills the bacteria on your face & you're less prone to have acne when its sunny. however once the days are not as sunny, your face tends to break out. so you're lucky you live in the desert!!!

------------------
JaneDoe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2003, 06:21 PM   #3

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
Smile

i was outside mowing the grass and it was hot and sunny and when i came in my face looked so good!! and everytime im outside and its sunny my face looks good. so i def. think the weather affects your acne.

Old 07-02-2003, 06:52 PM   #4
Veteran

TiredOfThisAll HB User
i was clear from accutane until i went to new york where it was cold and i got 3 new zits.. that was a while ago and now im clear again =P

Old 07-03-2003, 12:28 AM   #5

darkangel HB User
thanks everyone for your replies!... but i still dont know what to do. ah well, maybe this year will be different.

Old 07-03-2003, 01:15 PM   #6

i2345 HB User
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by janedoe:
yes the weather has something to do with your acne. i was reading that the Derms busiest time of the year is at the end of summer.

it seems that the sun kills the bacteria on your face & you're less prone to have acne when its sunny. however once the days are not as sunny, your face tends to break out. so you're lucky you live in the desert!!!

i have always thought that the sun is not good for acne. if i'm wrong please explain

Old 07-03-2003, 07:13 PM   #7

Monroe HB User
While small amounts of sun exposure may initially improve acne, continuous sunbathing often increases plugging of the pores - producing comedones (blackheads and whiteheads) and small pimples.

Suntans cause the skin to increase sebum production to heal damaged skin, causing more acne.

Closed Thread