It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2003, 08:56 PM   #1
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
Post Almost done accutane and..................

I still breakout and Im into my last week of treatment. Well my face is usually 100% clear most of the time but I still brakout on my face once in a blue moon and Im almost done my treatment. Well its not a bad breakout its like one tiny pimple (whitehead), but I thought accutane was suppossed to make my face 100% clear ALL THE TIME and I wasnt going to breakout even if its small.

Did this happen to anyone else that took accutane?? does this mean its not working??

Well Im just so scared to stop the accutane because I think it wont work and I think it will come all back. should I ask my derm if I could go for the five month treatment instead of the four month?? and maybe it would help a bit??
SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE!!! HELP!! IM SCRAED TO COME OFF CAUSE IT MIGHT COME BACK!!!

Old 07-03-2003, 12:30 PM   #2

Sparkle0036 HB User
ok, i finished accutane 2 weeks or so ago. it will still be working after you stop taking it. secondly, accutane cannot be a TOTAL cure. you will still break out. i'm still breaking out, but they are small, like you described. right now i have a whitehead under my lip. that is perfectly fine with me, considering before accutane i had to pop 10 pimples every morning before i even left the house!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2003, 11:50 PM   #3

amy_louanne HB User
I have a month left of a 5 month course of Accutane. I'm not breaking out much and when I do it's just one small pimple but I still have tons of red marks on my face that look like pimples. Are they ever going to go away? I'm really worried they won't go away :-(

Closed Thread