It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2003, 09:52 AM   #1
(male)

FargoUT HB User
Thumbs up Paula's Choice - My Choice too!

Okay, after I'd read all the good things about Paula's Choice products on here, I decided to give it a try. I ordered a good $50 worth of products (Skin Balance Cleanser for Oily/Combination skin, 2% BHA Liquid Solution, Blemish Fighter Lotion, Completely Non-Greasy Moisturizer, and the Oil-Absorbing Mask). Neutrogena's Multi-Vitamin Acne treatment has been my product of choice and it has served me well.

However, Paula's Choice has had remarkable effects on my skin already! It's only been a week, and I already see the improvements. Time will tell whether or not this stuff really does work (due to the 6-8 week pimple period), but for now, my face is looking really good. My face seems to have stopped producing excess oil!! Perhaps it's the Skin Balance cleanser (this stuff is now my favorite cleanser--feels extremely nice on the skin and very soothing).

Here's what I do. In the morning, I wash my face with the cleanser and then follow it with the 2% BHA liquid solution (I chose liquid since I didn't want another lotion to apply). Then I follow it up by the Blemish Fighter lotion (I've decided to use this product every other day--every day use was too drying). Then I apply the moisturizing lotion and a sunscreen (Neutrogena's DryTouch Sunblock).

In the evening, I use the cleanser, and once a week I will use the oil-absorbing mask (or whenever I need it--once a week may not be necessary). Just before bed, I take a cotton ball and use undiluted apple cider vinegar. I highly recommend apple cider vinegar, unless you have to impress someone with your face--applying this stuff makes your face turn bright red for a good thirty minutes.

Anyway, I'll keep it up and let ya know the results. For now, it's exciting to be able to leave the house without worrying about a new pimple.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2003, 10:05 AM   #2

JimC981 HB User
good for you I have been using the 1% lotion for a couple of weeks now and I think I'm gonna get the 2 % solution ... I have persistant blackheads/whiteheads and I have heard the 2 % solution is better for that ... the 1 % has worked well, but I want to step it up a notch ... hopefully the 2 % solution will do the trick

Old 07-01-2003, 10:35 AM   #3

JenZoo HB User
Thumbs up

I love the stuff too. I haven't tried her facial wash yet. I have the 2% BHA and the 2.5% BP solution. Great products and great price. My skin looks really good.

Old 07-01-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Talking

LOL - What a funny title! I'm so glad Paula's Choice is working out for you too! I also love her 1% and 2% BHAs.

Don't you have trouble waiting for the 2% liquid to absorb if you apply it in the morning? I only use mine at night, because then it doesn't matter how long it takes to absorb. Have you tried the 1%? It's also very good at treating/preventing breakouts, but it absorbs into the skin much faster!!! You should email the company and ask for a free sample of it!

Old 07-01-2003, 12:56 PM   #5
(male)

FargoUT HB User
I haven't noticed the liquid BHA taking a long time to absorb. I just use it like a toner, and I don't use a lot. I wait about five minutes and then apply the blemish lotion and/or the moisturizer. Basically, the more lotions I put on my face, the more greasy it looks and the more breakouts I seem to get. I don't know if that's true with the BHA lotion, but too many lotions seem to clog my pores (even if they are non-comedogenic).

Old 07-01-2003, 05:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
I've loved these products for years now. The cleanser is the only one I don't use. I alternate the l%BHA with the 2% according to what I need. I too can only use the 2% at night--too oily feeling for the daytime. It does seem to work a bit better than the 1% though, but if you use it everyday, unlike the l%, you might start getting shiny or slightly irritated, which is why the l% is more of my staple. Nothing, absolutely nothing, is better for overall skin tone.

Old 07-04-2003, 05:35 PM   #7

fightinghypo HB User
Hey Fargo,

I have been reading the same reviews and posted the new topic about anyone using the entire product line.
Please keep me posted on how it works for you as I already have requested the sample but am curius about the rest.

Closed Thread