It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2003, 10:20 AM   #1

*Daniel* HB User
Question Loss of pigment & color on my face! PLEASE HELP!

Ok... I don't even break out bad anymore. Just tiny bumps every now & then. The problem is my face isn't smooth anymore. It's dark all over my face & you can see a big difference in skin tone ony my body compared to my face. My face is dry... dead looking. I think it's lost it's color from trying so many products on my face all these different years. I also strangely have gotten bags under my eyes from what I don't know but it's been there for a long time. I look like a 50 year old man when I'm only 16. I've had this since I was 11. Strange thing I've noticed is if I widen my cheeks..Like keeping my mouth shut & blowing in & your cheeks will get bigger. I noticed when I do that.... my original skin tone is shown in the cheek area but when I stop.... it blends back in with the dark skin on my face! How can I get my skin looking healthier and lighter again!? I've posted this times before but it seems like everyone views it but no one wants to reply. Someone HELP ME PLEASE! I BEG YOU!

Old 07-04-2003, 11:19 AM   #2

*Daniel* HB User
Bump!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2003, 05:42 PM   #3

*Daniel* HB User
Bump Again!

Old 07-04-2003, 06:02 PM   #4

Jo Blo HB User
I do not know, but I went through the same thing! Stop all the crazy products!!!! Thats the first step. You have to stop the dried out products. Stop smoking if you do also!!! Cause I smoked and used terribly drying things on my face. IT took actually a year or more to recover. And also start gentle exfoliating treatments like enzyme treatments that take the dead skin cells off of your face every week or so.

I had terribly dark skin like you are mentioning, major hyperpigmentation and on top of all that scars. Now my skin is back to a healthy color but I am just left some scars and still some bumps and a few pimples. What I think just looks awful, but I know it is much better than what it was, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am just going to go on orthotricyclen again to stop the pimples and hopefully bumps, I remember my skin looking delightful when I was on it.

[This message has been edited by Jo Blo (edited 07-04-2003).]

Old 07-04-2003, 08:18 PM   #5
(female)

Mandilyn HB User
ok I had the same problem too. THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM! anyways the only thing that really helped was TIME!! over time my skin just went back to normal ( but you have to stop all those topical lotions/creams that the derm would give you because there very drying). Neutragena Healthy skin lotion helped ALOT!!!!!!(trust me) But it will take time, (and not just a few weeks)maybe 2 or 3 months. But dont put any of those drying products on your face. Use a moisturizer!!!

It will go away, I promise you!!

Old 07-05-2003, 02:26 AM   #6

Sigh HB User
Yes, I'm in the EXACT same boat. One of my cheeks looks like one huge big red circle with dead skin and red blotches and indentations everywhere.

All I'm doing is using Cetaphil once at night right now, and the Dermatologist put me on retin-A mirco, She predicted I would have a blackhead problem after the Accutane cycle.

On another note, I can't begin to understand why I put so many things on my face. Let me try to remember them all... OXY(Everything), Neutragena(Everthing),Clearasil(Everythi ng), MURAD($200 TV scam),Oatmeal, Salt water, Toothpaste, Too many antibiotics to remember, Too many Topical creams to remember. Oh and I also made mixtures of many of the things listed and wore them as a mask over night. Ah, and the worst thing I did was I bought one of those liquid bandages things they have, and put it all over my face, It was HORRIBLE.

Anyhoo, good luck bud, I'll update you if ANYTHING goes right.

I'm male and 15 btw.

[This message has been edited by Sigh (edited 07-05-2003).]

Old 07-05-2003, 03:30 AM   #7

Moonique HB User
moisturize moisturize moisturize
BE GENTLE
DON`T USE HARSH PRODUCTS
USE NATURAL STUFF
use jojoba, olive oil, cocaobutter etc.
go to whole foods, the body shop etc to buy some gentle natural stuff

give it time ,stop messing with your face (with agressive stuff)
give it time to heal
don´t look into the mirror too often

Closed Thread