It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
Aspirin Mask?

Anyone try the aspirin mask yet? I've heard amazing things about it. Essentially you take 2-6 uncoated aspirin, add 1 drop of warm water for each aspirin, and mash up the aspirin into a paste. Put it on your face for 10-15 minutes and it is supposed to have great effects. You can also add a tablespoon of honey which is a natural antiseptic and may help moisturize, or a tablespoon of plain yogurt.

So, anyone try this and if so, did it make a difference? I get cysts on my chin, maybe 2 at a time. Not horrible, but I would love for them to go away. In the past 6 months I have had at least 1 at a time, and they take about 3 weeks to go away. I hate them. I'm 27 and did great with no acne for years, but all of a sudden it's annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
(male)

JONO IN DARWIN HB User
Re: Aspirin Mask?

I would be more inclined to use a commercial salacylic acid preperation, for example Clerasil Wipes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

So no one has tried this then?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:53 PM   #4
(male)

falcone HB User

yeh most people here will have, been threads on it a good few times, ive heard really great reviews but i find it difficult to get a paste like consistency myself

Old 11-07-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
(male)

guitarplayer HB User

I'm using the micro coated aspirin which disolves into a paste literally in a few seconds. It seems like a cheaper alternative to commercial acne products w/ salacylic acid but I've only been using this method for a week, probably not long enough to notice much of a difference.

Old 11-08-2006, 08:47 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User

When I use 1 drop of water per aspirin I can make a decent paste out of it. It does crumble off after 10 minutes or so.

So I have a huge cyst on my chin. Nothing is making it go away and it hurts but cannot be popped. Sigh. I slathered some aspirin paste on it last night and went to bed. Most of it flaked off in my sleep. But low and behold the cyst is much smaller today. Still hurts, but it made a noticable improvement. It's been huge for a week with no size reduction. I'm pleased. It's not a cure-all for sure, but it seemed to make a difference. I'll use it overnight a few times and see what happens. I've always used an overnight spot treatment, tried like every one on the market, with little to no success. Hoping this helps.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #7
(female)

austinl73 HB User

Aspirin is the best thing I've ever used. I used to get huge, cyst-like acne all over my chin. It's hormonal from my birth control pills and absolutely nothing would control it. I started using the acne mask every day for 15 minutes a day. If it doesn't bother you're skin, I'd say try that. What I've noticed is that it doesn't really work really well until you've used it for about a month straight. My chin is almost completely zit free after a month of use and I'm not getting anymore! I stopped using it and within weeks I started getting acne again, so I know it's the mask. I started mixing in an equal part of Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask with the aspirin and water and it forms a nice paste and doesn't flake off as much as just aspirin and water.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #8
Inactive

lindamh HB User

Yes. There have been dozens of discussions of it, with mostly rave reviews. Do a search.

I love it, but I used it as a scrub in the shower rather than a mask. I do my whole upper body.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:48 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

cuddledumplin HB User

I've tried it as a scrub and a mask, and it's great for acne, but it's also great for those red marks from old pimples. I've used the commercial salicylic acid products, but you can't beat this. I use the cheapest uncoated aspirin I can find at a dollar store. (It takes time for the coating to break down on coated aspirins, but the uncoated ones dissolve rapidly). I've even dabbed it on pimples, and left it on overnight. You can also mix it with a commercial mask like Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:31 PM   #10
(female)

lostandfading HB User

i also use the dollar store asprin and have great results. i sometimes dont let it dry and just use it as a scrub every morning after i shower and then at night before i go to bed.

Old 01-19-2007, 02:29 PM   #11
(female)

Cathy01 HB User

I have been using asprin mask with yogurt, what ever kind I have in frig, usually yoplait blueberry. I use about 2-3 tablets crushed to 1 Tablespoon yogurt. It is the best thing I ever used. Whoever uses this should be aware that the asprin is probably being absorbed into your system through you skin, though probably not too much. I have been on a quest to use "natural" or home made stuff lately with good luck. I have been using a goats milk "soap" bar and apple cider vinegar toner 1part vin. to 3 part water with a asprin, really seems to agree with me. I saw something somewhere on web about using coco butter, 100%, no other additives (watch for mineral oil) I have been using it for 2 weeks now and 2 cysts that I have had for a year or so are clearing up. I dont think I will go back to manufactured/ expensive stuff again. I have oily skin with cronic acne for years, so I was afraid to use the coco butter but it doesnt seem to make my skin oily. It came in a big capstick like tube. It is a bit hard but as soon as it is rubbed on it melts and soaks in. I did try a some samples from a company called myChelle, really nice stuff but I just can't pay their prices. There was one product I really liked called clear skin serum. It was a fluid you rubbed on. I am trying to make it myself, or something similar..got some books, searched web. The essential oils used are very expensive ...anyone know about this kind of thing????

Old 11-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #12
(female)

agirl1118 HB User

Does anyone know if it is ok to use ibuprofrin? This is antiflammatory so it should be ok right?

Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 AM   #13
(female)

agirl1118 HB User

II have a huge problem with squeezing my tiny zits until I break the skin and am left with a huge red open sore. Last night I actually put the asprin mask on the spot and left it on all night. In the morning, I was amazed to see that the wound has begun to heal and scab already. The area is no longer red and looks much better than it would had I not used the mask.. I also had a small pimple coming in and I treated the spot and it is totally gone today. I usually have ok skin and I know this mask will be able to make my skin flawless. Everyone needs to try it!

Closed Thread