Well I've just finished my six month Accutane cycle and it's cleared almost all of the pimples, Although I still get small ones. Now I'm on Retin-A Micro, two weeks into it.
I have a few questions, if you could answer several of them it'd be extremely appreciated:
1. Is my face supposed to be very dry in some places, and very red, and stingy?
2. I'm actually getting little red/very dry patches on my face, about a dime size, it turned to my skin color recently, but it left these 3 little cuts, like it was from a razor. Is this normal?
3. **Most Important Question** One of my cheeks is scarred quite badly, and for about 6 months I tried not to irritate it too much, cleaning it VERY carefully. Now it has this layer of dead skin, it's completely white. I peeled off a little of the dead skin, and it's very red, and stinging. But I have 2 months until school, and I heard RetinA could help the scarring/red marks. So.. my question is, should I peel all of the dead skin off?
4. Lately my eyes have been very irritated. Sometimes when I wake up and rub my eyes it stings quite a bit, and the corners of my eyes are a bit red. Is this a normal side affect?
Accutane made my skin frail, and, since my using it five years ago, my skin still hasn't returned to its former resilience (though it has improved). You're probably experiencing something similar, and the Retin-A is exacerbating the problem. I doubt inflicting more damage upon your skin is going to ameliorate any scars; you should stop applying the Retin-A and call your doctor as soon as you can.
3. Don't peel the skin off if it looks raw underneath. Let it come off naturally and you will see much more healthy skin underneath and your scars will probably improve. But just give it enough time to heal itself.