It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 03:48 AM   #1
(male)

llouis HB User
Any suggestion for removing blackhead?

Hi people, I am on accutane (isotetrinion 20mg daily and Roxy for oil controlled) for the last five months and my skin did improve. But not 100%, big acne did rise occasionally.

I use retin-A (yellow color cream) nightly and a kind of peeling cream (transparent gel) daily recommended by my derm. I use a kind of soap-shape washer (acne-aid).

I got many black color spots (blackhead i guess) on my nose. I dunt wanna squeece it coz it's painful and not working. the retin-a left my nose area reddish and irrating coz it keeps exfoliating. but the black spot are still there and the surface kinda rough.

I used Neotrogena deep pore cleansing scrub to rub on my nose. the black spot kinda went away leaving flakes but when you gently pick on it, pus comming out, so I guess it never remove the blackhead underneath, it just helps open the pores??

Does anyone have the same experience? any suggestion for removing blackhead?

Old 11-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #2
(female)

Cathy01 HB User
Re: Any suggestion for removing blackhead?

I have my son using neutrogena products. The best one so far are the Blackhead Eliminating 2 in 1 foaming pads, it has salicylic acid. He uses it in the shower after washing hair. I have seen people on some forums recommend using extra virgin olive oil. It does sound strange but inexpensive. They put it on a cotton ball and scrub a bit then wash off the oilwith whatever soap like product they are using. I can't get son to try it yet. I have acne and have used it to remove make-up with no ill effect. Let us know if you try it and if it worked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2006, 09:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

waterlily HB User

I agree you should add a BHA product like the Neutrogena one mentioned above. They have a Deep Clean Astringent which will also help. I have some friends that used Tazorac to rid their stubborn blackheads. You may talk to your Derm for a prescription for Tazorac instead of Retin-A.

Old 11-14-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
(male)

llouis HB User

but my doc said retin-a is more helpful of fighting scars and acne?

lately i've been using a gentle toothbrush to gently brush away the dead skin and the black spots are not that visible anymore...

cathy01, about the products you mentioned, i dont think i can get it coz i live outside US.

Closed Thread