It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2003, 08:08 AM   #1

hockeyman HB User
Post stievamycin topical gel

has anyone tried this, it works well, it brings up everything below your skin for the most 3 days then its all gone, the only bad part is that when you put it on, it feels like your whole face is glued but it works great

Old 06-12-2003, 01:30 PM   #2

Janet in Texas HB User
Hockeyman,

Is Strivectin that new topical drug that everyone is saying it really gets rid of wrinkles? Is that what you meant by saying your face felt glued? I didn't understand your message, did you mean that at first it really broke out your skin and then cleared up?

Is it really expensive? I heard it was.....

Thanks
5'5" F

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2003, 01:41 PM   #3

hockeyman HB User
what i meant to say was that, if you have pimple that wont come to the head or you can feel any underneath your skin, you apply this gel and it brings up any pimple for the most 2-3 days then its gone, your skin feels nice and smooth, the only downpart is that its like putting glue on yuor face but once you see the results, its great

and its stievamycin, its been around for years, my doctor prescribed it to me a year ago, and i think you can only get it in canada, but im not sure

Old 06-12-2003, 01:45 PM   #4

vanna HB User
Hey Hockeyman,
I'm using steivemycin(sp?) at night as well and I feel the same way. It works wonders with my acne, along with oral antibiotics - erythromycin. But you're right it feels like you glued your skin down. I guess as long as it does the trick I'm going to keep using it. The one I use is a gel and its labelled MILD. How about yours?
........Vanna

Old 06-12-2003, 01:55 PM   #5

hockeyman HB User
hey vanna,ya same with mine, its mild, its very good because its got a combination of tetroin and erythromycin so it worked beneath the skin surface and brings everything to the skin then clears it right up, but your right it workes great, like 6 months ago i used a bit of stievamycin and this other cream and my skin was badddd, your only suppose to use stievamycin with nothing else on your face, and if you follow the steps right youll have very good skin

Old 06-12-2003, 02:14 PM   #6

vanna HB User
glad to hear something is working for us acne sufferers....i've tried so many things and this seems to really help......take care!

Old 06-13-2003, 12:04 PM   #7

hockeyman HB User
thanks, you too, but i have one question, how do you get the gel off in the morning, do you use a washcloth to get all the stuff off, or what??

Old 06-13-2003, 06:58 PM   #8

vanna HB User
hey, i just wash my face with SPECTRO JEL and that seems to work fine.

Old 06-13-2003, 07:05 PM   #9

CraigJ HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Janet in Texas:
Hockeyman,

Is Strivectin that new topical drug that everyone is saying it really gets rid of wrinkles?

Janet - Stievamycin is just erythromycin and tretinoin (aka Retin-A) combined. I don't believe it's available in the US, but each of the individual components obviously is and could be used in combination therapy.

Old 06-13-2003, 09:03 PM   #10

vanna HB User
hey hockeyman,
i replied earlier but it didn't seem to go through.
i just wash my face with SPECTRO JEL and that works.
......Vanna

Old 06-14-2003, 11:50 AM   #11

hockeyman HB User
ya, i use spectro jel every second night so i dont dry my face out but it works pretty good, what colour of jel do you use??

Old 07-06-2003, 05:34 PM   #12

hope3000 HB User
hi .. i use Stievamycin Regular Gel every night

I use it after washing my face with Avene Soapless gel cleanser and then use Avene Oil-free anti-shine regulating lotion or Yon-ka night time mosturiser.

Though, i have few pimples i use stievamycin to catch zits before they apear and find that after the first few days of the pimples coming to the surface it works really well to clean the skin and also get rid of blackheads.

i was told by the dermatologist to not use the gel if i was going to be out in the sun too much. (not sure why) and i stopped useing it for about 4/5 days because i knew i was going to be in the sun. After re-using it i did find it brought all my little zits up to the surface and they are going away after a few days.

as well in the morning i use the same cleanser to wash my face and then use mosturiser before putting on makeup.

hope

Old 07-06-2003, 08:02 PM   #13

vanna HB User
Hey Hockeyman!
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I haven't been on the board for a while. I use the Spectro Jel for sensative skin, I believe its the purple one.
But guess what, the stievemycin wasn't really getting rid of all my acne so when I went to the derm he put me on ACCUTANE! Very low dosage and I can't believe how good it works. I was so afraid of the side effects but he started me on a very very low dosage
- 10 mg's. I go back at the end of July and I think he wants to up the dosage, I'll see how it goes.
Anyways, I hope all is well with you. Take care!
......Vanna

Old 05-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #14
(male)

phantasmic HB User
Re: stievamycin topical gel

argh. i'm concerned about this initial break out. it's a total bummer. 3 days? is that variable? ****. well, i'm just happy it's the weekend. i, too, use spectro jel. sometimes alternate with baxter's. i've meddled with yonka too. pretty fly for a guy. i don't want to go on 'tane. i'm scurred. i'm taking a broadspectrum antibiotic tho'. um. vanna, i wish you luck. ****. acne sucks A**. i hate it. it has no purpose in this world.

Closed Thread