It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2003, 04:15 PM   #1

Scooterman HB User
Post Skin simply won't heal

My skin has looked the same for the past year - absolutely NONE of my redmarks have healed AT ALL. I'm currently on accutane and it IS helping a lot with new pimples, but the red marks from the old ones are still here..

It's just like it my face refuses to heal. The skin on the rest of my body heals just fine but my face is a different story. I've tried CP serum, aloe, jojoba+vit e, etc, etc, and nothing has worked at all... Plus the worst part about it is that I can't have any laser corrections done for another year after I get off Accutane!

Does anyone know anything that is really good for helping fade red marks that I haven't already tried??

Old 07-04-2003, 05:04 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bunny9987 HB User
the scarring will fade over time. i would go on and live your life, and not worry about the scarring, aren't you happy you aren't breaking out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2003, 06:10 PM   #3

Jo Blo HB User
exfoliation treatments i use has always helped

Old 07-04-2003, 06:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
hi scooter,
i feel the same way you do, it has been 6 months for me and no healing is taking place. i get what you mean about getting a cut or pimple on your leg or wherever and it heals really fast. right now, i am going through microderm. to try to help and aha/bha products. i had my 1st micro. yesterday and my face is still beet red (i don't think that is normal). i hope this helps me, i will let you know how it goes and maybe when you are off of accutane you can start (i had to wait the full 6 months because my scarring is BAD) but here i am, starting and i am humiliated with my red face on top of all the hyperpigmentation, scars, etc.
good luck
-M

Old 07-04-2003, 07:42 PM   #5

Samantha_Michelle HB User
Exclamation

Neutrogena On-the-Spot acne treatment faded/healed my reds marks wonderfully, and it took time and persistence, but the amazing thing was I could watch the change in my skin from day to day. This product changed my life, literally.

Drinking TONS of water also seemed to help those red marks seem not so red.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:08 AM   #6

nightzebra HB User
On-the-Spot fades red marks? What are the active ingredients?

Closed Thread