It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2003, 10:35 AM   #1
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Post Placebo Week

Have any Yasmin users noticed their skin getting worse during the placebo week (white pills)? Last month I skipped the placebo pills and went straight to the new pack because I am impatient and wanted my body to get used to the hormones. I also know that it is okay to only take them 3 or 4 times/yr and only get your period that many times. I am seeing some breakthrough bleeding this week and so I figure I will let myself have my period this month, but I am afraid to go off the hormones for a whole week. Will I totally break out??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 10:43 AM   #2

Nymue HB User
You sound just like me. When I first started Yasmin, I wanted my skin to get better ASAP, so I went through 3 straight packs. I got breakthrough bleeding almost daily after starting the 3rd pack, so I let myself get my period. Some pills are better for skipping periods than others. So now I let myself have a period every 2 packs and everything is fine. As to breaking out, I don't think I really broke out much worse than I did while I was taking the pills. For me, Yasmin pretty much just makes me less oily. It is hard to tell what role it is playing in my breakouts because I am also on Accutane now.
You know what though? I remember that when I began supplementing with flax seed oil I seemed to break out less before getting my period. I wasn't on the pill at that time, but it might help. There is also an herb that is supposed to help premenstrual breakouts.. I want to say black cohosh, but I am not sure that is it. You could do a google search and find out though. You're going to have to get your periods sometimes on Yasmin anyway, so don't stress too much about what it might do to your skin...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 10:52 AM   #3

Nymue HB User
You sound just like me. When I first started Yasmin, I wanted my skin to get better ASAP, so I went through 3 straight packs. I got breakthrough bleeding almost daily after starting the 3rd pack, so I let myself get my period. Some pills are better for skipping periods than others. So now I let myself have a period every 2 packs and everything is fine. As to breaking out, I don't think I really broke out much worse than I did while I was taking the pills. For me, Yasmin pretty much just makes me less oily. It is hard to tell what role it is playing in my breakouts because I am also on Accutane now.
You know what though? I remember that when I began supplementing with flax seed oil I seemed to break out less before getting my period. I wasn't on the pill at that time, but it might help. There is also an herb that is supposed to help premenstrual breakouts.. I want to say black cohosh, but I am not sure that is it. You could do a google search and find out though. You're going to have to get your periods sometimes on Yasmin anyway, so don't stress too much about what it might do to your skin...

Old 07-07-2003, 11:42 AM   #4
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Did your gyno tell you skipping the placebo was alright? I just went ahead and did it cause I thought it would be fine.

As for the flax, I have used flaxseed meal in large quantities and never saw good results. Not sure if the oil would be any different. If I have trouble this cycle with my skin, maybe I will look for that herb online. Thanks!

Closed Thread