It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

Dessert19 HB User
Red face It's my FIRST time breaking out...

So this is my first time breaking out in my entire life, I'm 19. The spot is on my lower right cheek, about 5 huge pimples and a bunch of little ones spanning across that side of my face. Any advice on how to treat this? And ideas what it could be? i thought i was DONE with puberty!

Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
(male)

ltmike HB User
Re: It's my FIRST time breaking out...

Don't pop any of them, it makes it worse. Just let it run its course.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2006, 01:57 AM   #3
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User
Re: It's my FIRST time breaking out...

You should go to the derm. I was the same way you are. I didn't breakout much doing my teens (just a little during around period time). I'm 23 now and got a huge breakout, I'm still dealing with it. It's alot better now. Well I have hormal acne. Get the book The hormonally vunlerable woman by geoffrey redmond. It talks about birth control pills and all kind of things. Are you taking bcp's? They can help with acne. The book says orthyo tri cyclen and yasmin are the best for acne. The book also talks about a drug called spiro. Alot of people of this board is taking it and they love it. In a couple days it will be the 4th month for me being on it and it's alot better. The pill take 2-4 months to kick in. My face isn't oily at all anymore. Make sure to get a topical if your derm says you should. Just don't wait to go to the derm. I did and wish i didn't. I thought it would just go away but instead it just got worse. I should've just gone in the beginning. Good Luck to you!

Closed Thread