It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #1
(female)

caymanbabes HB User
Tinted moisturizer that doesn't make you break out??

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone could please recommend a tinted moisturizer, ideally with SPF, which doesn't make them break out? I tried Neutrogena Healthy Defence SPF30 light tint which looks great, but makes my skin break out in whiteheads. The only SPF moisturizer I've found which doesn't make me breakout/cause irritation is Aveeno Ultra Calming SPF15, which I love, but I'd really like a bit of coverage for the day, without resorting to make up, which I worry will either make me break out or slide off my face with sweating.

Or is there another option I've not thought of? I tried Bare Minerals but it itches like crazy as soon as I start to sweat (which I do a lot of living in the Caribbean). I've ordered Everyday Minerals to see if that helps - doesn't have as many ingredients.

Thanks!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Re: Tinted moisturizer that doesn't make you break out??

I use the Cover Girl Skin Smoother kind and it doesn't make my face breakout. It has spf 15.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2006, 12:07 AM   #3
(female)

haileysheets HB User
Re: Tinted moisturizer that doesn't make you break out??

I feel your pain! For years I looked for a good tinted moisturizer that did not make me break out, but I finally found one after receiving it as a Christmas gift from my mom last year. Word of warning: It's pricey! At $40, I would have never purchased it for myself. However, it's amazing. It's by Laura Mercier, and it's oil-free. My tube says it has SPF 20 in it. What I love about it is that it has buildable foundation color in it. On days that I just want the moisturization, it goes on really sheer. On days that I want a heavier coverage, I just add a little more. I have horribly acne-prone skin, and I have not noticed any breakouts since using it. The other thing I love about it is that it does not slide off in the heat like my other tinted moisturizers did. If you're willing to spend the extra money, it's well worth it.

Closed Thread