It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2003, 08:36 AM   #1
(male)

acneman HB User
Question Success with low carb anyone?

First of all I have mild/moderate acne (face, shoulders, back).

I've started (a couple of days ago) a low/moderate carb diet because I'm 99% my acne is related to carb intake.

Things that I know for sure break me out are dairy products and sugary products.

I feel hungry most of the time and I'm contemplating eating fruits and vegetables in between my meals (the extra fiber would be helpful) but I'm afraid of the carbs in the fruits.

As of now I eat oatmeal, eggs, whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, chicken, lean ground beef, apple juice (natural no sugar added), prunes. I eat about 150 g of carbs per day (I weigh 170 lbs) which is not a lot. So far I've seen a lot of improvement but feel hungry most of the time.

If you had success with low carbing and your acne I got a few questions for you:
What foods do you eat during the day?
How many times a day do you eat?
How many servings of fruits and vegetables do you eat a day?
What kinds of fruits and vegetables?

Thanks for your time, bye.

Old 07-07-2003, 07:34 AM   #2

2curiousforwards HB User
I noticed improvement in my skin after starting the Atkins diet (low carb) about a month or two ago - so I've stuck to the diet ever since in modified form. I eat about 60-70 grams of carbs a day. I eat often, like 6 times per day. Basically, I eat lots of meat, chicken, cashews, strawberries, blueberries, green beens, salads, cheese, and low carb Atkins and Russel Stover candy bars (those things really help!). I'm not hungry because I snack so often. Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 02:21 PM   #3
(male)

acneman HB User
I've been eating less carbs (about 120 g per day) and have definetly seen improvement. However I haven't been able to achieve 100% results. Besides, I cant picture myself low-carbing all my life. So I've decided to supplement with Zinc (60 mg per day) to see if it helps out. Zinc has been shown to reduce activity the 5 alpha reductase enzyme (enzyme that transform Testosterone to DHT). Low-carbing has been shown to reduce the activity of this enzyme as well. I will post my results in a month or so. Thanks for the reply, bye.

Old 07-07-2003, 04:56 PM   #4

ClioVetro HB User
I have had pretty good succes..i only eat about 25 g of carbs a day..and drink only water...This shows improvement but not to the point where i want to be

Closed Thread