It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2003, 11:47 AM   #1

JimC981 HB User
Question msg. to TimDream,Poreoliyme, or anyone else who uses Paula's Choice 2% Solution

ok guys ... I just recieved my 2 % solution in the mail today (it came quick considering it came from Seattle and I live in NC) anyway, I haven't talked to you guys in a while and I have made some changes in my routine .. I stopped using BP for now b/c it's killing my skin ... I have been using my good old aqua glycolic the past week so my skin could recover from being so dry ... I've ordered the Alpha Hydrox oil free gel to use during the day ... I hope that was a good choice ... so I'm gonna start with my PC 2 % solution tonight for the first time ... how do you guys apply it ??? do you use a cotton ball or your fingers ? I understand it takes a while to dry ... that's why its gonna be my pm treatment ... I just keep thinking about the "dramatic results overnight" that TimDream was talking about ... hopefully this will happen for me too ... any other tips and advice you guys have on the 2 % solution would be helpful

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 01:13 PM   #2
Veteran

TimDream HB User
Smile

Hey Jim!

I apply the 2% with my fingers. I just put about 4-5 drops in my right palm, and dip my middle and ring finger from my left hand in and rub it into my skin in circles. A little really goes a long way. Some people even use the 2% to only spot-treat, but I really like to use it for prevention on my entire face. The thinner you apply it (the more you spread each drop out), the faster it will absorb.

Applying it at night sounds like the right idea. And, I think you will be very happy with the Alpha Hydrox Oil-Free Gel. I used that for years before I could no longer find it in stores, and tried the AH Enhanced Creme (which is also good, but just a bit heavier more moisturizing, which I don't need).

Good luck! Let us know how it works out for you! My face got a lot smoother and softer since I stopped using BPO as well, and started using PC BHAs instead! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/gabby.gif

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2003, 02:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
Smile

Hey Jim-
Just to add my 2 cents, i'm very, very pleased with the Alpha Hydrox Oil Free gel. A little tingling from time to time, especially in zitty areas, but the results have been good

Old 07-07-2003, 04:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
Hi!

I use a cotton ball to spread the 2%BHA, and my fingers for the l% BHA. I could never spread the 2% with my fingers, lol! It's pretty thin, whereas the other is a lotion. I put BP over both of them, depending on which I use, but my skin loves BP and I can't do without it!

Old 07-08-2003, 06:11 AM   #5

JenZoo HB User
I use a cotton pad too. It works great.

Closed Thread