It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #1
(female)

kmg126 HB User
Mineral Makeup for Acne?

I started using Mineral Makeup instead of liquid and I have not had a breakout in 2 WEEKS! That is a real record for me. I started to order Bare Minerals after watching the infomercial, but then I did a bit of internet research and there are alot of complaints about Bare Minerals with acne sufferers because of the ingredients. I ended up ordering samples of makeup from 3 different sites, everyday minerals, aubreynicole minerals and joppa minerals. Everyday minerals are really nice and the samples are free (just pay shipping), colors are very nice. Aubreynicole minerals are really really nice, great color match and the coverage is awesome, you cannot even see any red marks from my acne and it covers my moderate scarring fantasically. And they have a 10% off sale for the holidays. Joppa is okay, finishing silk is nice, but it took forever to get my order, when the other two came in 3-5 days, joppa took over 3 weeks! Anyone else using mineral makeup and seeing a big difference in their skin? I know I will never use liquid foundation again!!
Kim

Last edited by moderator2; 11-23-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
(male)

llouis HB User
Re: Mineral Makeup for Acne?

just one question: how do you know the foundation that you are using is mineral or liquid. where to check?

I am using revlon colorstay. is it a mineral makeup?

thanks in advanced

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2006, 07:45 PM   #3
(female)

jen1008 HB User

I have been using gloMinerals for about the last year. It hasn't helped my skin, but it hasn't hurt it like all the other foundations I had been using. My acne is completely hormonal, no makeup doesn't even help. The thing I love most about mineral make-up is the evenness of my skin tone, and that helps it to look smoother(even in sunlight!). One thing to remember is to wash your foundation brush very often, bacteria build up in them very quickly. I'm going to push gloMinerals concealor really quick...it is the BEST! It has two different shades in one pot and it actually improves dark under-eye circles!! It works very well on blemishes also, even if you use it alone without the powder over it.

Old 11-21-2006, 07:48 PM   #4
(female)

jen1008 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by llouis
just one question: how do you know the foundation that you are using is mineral or liquid. where to check?

I am using revlon colorstay. is it a mineral makeup?

thanks in advanced
Mineral make-up is usually in a powder form(pressed or loose). And it should say mineral on the bottle. I'm pretty sure the Revlon Colorstay is not a mineral makeup

Old 11-22-2006, 04:59 AM   #5
(female)

Nici11 HB User

Can you buy gloMinerals at a regular store? If not, is there any mineral products that you can get at a store? If so, would anyone say the products you buy online or on televison are better? Also, what's the price range of these products?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
(female)

jen1008 HB User

You can buy gloMinerals at a few salons, but I couldn't find it where I live now-so I bought it online. It was very easy, but a little pricey. I don't regret the price at all because it lasts for a long time and it makes my skin feel great :-) I don't know about buying mineral makeup at regular stores, anyone else know?

Last edited by moderator2; 11-23-2006 at 08:19 PM.

Old 11-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #7
(male)

llouis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1008
Mineral make-up is usually in a powder form(pressed or loose). And it should say mineral on the bottle. I'm pretty sure the Revlon Colorstay is not a mineral makeup
oic...thanks. revlon colorstay kinda good in evenning the uneven surface. i never tried mineral makeup before coz i seem to have dificult time tracking down them coz i live outside US

Closed Thread