It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #1
Inactive

CCmakes3 HB User
Post Elidel?

Hello,
I'm wondering whether elidel will clog my pores and make me break out. Anyone have any experience with this medication? Thanks!
Cheryl

[This message has been edited by CCmakes3 (edited 09-23-2003).]

Old 07-09-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
Veteran

laur HB User
Hi
I started using the elidel cream last week. Acne or lupus of the skin, I'm not sure, but he said to try it. The thing is, if I put it on a pimple (mine are mostly oil filled)...it is gone within hours. I have only used it as a spot treatment. Haven't noticed it clogging pores but may be too soon to tell. I did however have a flare of another skin condition on my arms called keratosis pilaris.....basically like acne. While I've only used the elidel very sparingly as a spot treatment to try it, I wonder if it somehow caused a reaction with the rest of my body. I had this condition on my arms under complete control until 4 days after starting the elidel on my face. Maybe a coincidence? I called to ask the derm and he said it wouldn't do that......but he always tells me that. I could have a full blown rash and he would say the same thing!!
Please keep me posted on your progress. there aren't many of us using this yet.

By the way, I've had no other side effects at all.

L

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2003, 07:32 PM   #3
Inactive

CCmakes3 HB User
Thanks for the reply, Laur. It's a pretty new medication so I kind of feel like a guinea pig! I've been using it for a week or so after going to the derm with horrible flaking and redness on and around my nose and chin. The skin was just coming off in sheets. No matter how much I tried to exfoliate, I just made more and bigger flakes, not to mention redder skin. I saw some clearing almost immediately, but then it sort of came back, along with a couple of lovely whiteheads, but now I seem to be clearing again, so maybe I was just having a PMS flare . My doc tells me that stress makes my condition worse, but how can you not stress about your face looking like it came out of a horror movie?! I rarely leave the house and I feel so guilty because I have 2 wonderful kids who deserve to be having some fun this summer. But I just can't cover up the flakes, redness and zits on my face and I'm so embarrassed for people to see me. To make matters worse, I work with kids so of course they are always asking me "What's wrong with your face?" To tell you the truth, I was so glad when summer finally came, so at least I could give the excuse that it's a sunburn!

I'll be out of town for the next couple of weeks and won't be checking in to the board, but I'll be sure to give you an update on how the elidel is working for me when I get back. Take care!

Closed Thread