It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User
Smile Cocoa Butter is clearing up my son's acne!

I'm so exited for my son! He's been troubled with a severe acne problem for several years now.

When a young man I work with who also has an acne problem began showing up with a clearer, more even complexion, I asked him what he was doing to make his face look so good. He told me he was told by a friend about cocoa butter sticks. He said he washes his face as normal when he showers in the evening. Then at bedtime, he applies the cocoa butter all over his face. When he gets up in the morning, he again washes his face and dabs the cocoa butter stick on his troubling acne spots. After three weeks of this, his acne is almost totally gone.

So I bought my son a cocoa butter stick (doesn't matter which brand, just has to be a 100% cocoa butter stick) and his acne is very much improved in just a few short days! I can't BELIEVE IT! I wish I could show you before and after photos. It's just astonishing that something that costed me $1.50 is doing what nothing $20+ would do! And without all those chemicals that dry the skin!

And I was skeptical because I thought anything like that would clog the pores. But it doesn't. It gets rid of the dead skin that's blocking the pores.

Barb

Old 12-15-2006, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

asimpson57 HB User
Talking Re: Cocoa Butter is clearing up my son's acne!

Glad you've found something that works! I don't have bad acne rarely do I have breakouts but now I know what to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-17-2006, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

Nici11 HB User
Re: Cocoa Butter is clearing up my son's acne!

Hmmm.. that is interesting. I thought for sure cocoa butter would be full of oil! where did you get the cocoa butter stick? at a health food store or something like that?

Thanks!

Old 12-17-2006, 04:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

LuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB UserLuvMyLilDoggie HB User

I bought it at a dollar store by my house but the larger drug store chains also have it.

Yeah I thought it would make his acne worse. Boy was I surprised!

If you try it, let me know what you think.

And I was told by my friend that it has to be the stick, not lotion or cream.

Barb

Last edited by LuvMyLilDoggie; 12-17-2006 at 05:08 PM.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
(female)

Nici11 HB User

I saw Palmers Cocoa butter swivel stick, and i don't think that's the right one. It's not 100% cocoa butter. i looked up the 3 major drug stores in my town too. hmmm. I guess i'll have to go on a bit of a scavenger hunt!

Old 12-18-2006, 08:36 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

The stick I bought is called Queen Helene 100% Cocoa Butter if that helps. You can buy it online too.

Barb

Old 12-18-2006, 09:34 AM   #7
(female)

Nici11 HB User

I found it (the Queen Helena) today at my local health food store, and will be starting it tonight!!

I'll keep you posted!

Old 12-18-2006, 12:51 PM   #8
(male)

Zitful Delight HB User

im starting to run out of Clindamycin and i was wondering if this would be worth getting off of it? did your son have really big red cysts?? and does this work around the pesky acne around the mouth and chin? thank you

Old 12-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #9
(female)

asimpson57 HB User

I've also seen those 100% pure cocoa butter sticks in walgreens for like 99 cents...

Old 12-20-2006, 03:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

He has red zits but not really big-just lots of them. His cheeks are clearing up a lot faster than around his mouth area. But he started this just about 1-2 weeks ago. My friend has been using it about 5 weeks now and it has helped all over his face.

Barb

Old 12-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #11
(male)

arsalan88 HB User

Would the cocoa butter stick do good with pimples that I get now and then? I used to have mild acne and now it is gone and I get some pimples now ans then.

Old 12-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

It might be good but I can't say for sure. I get very mild adult acne at a certain time of the month and have been thinking about buying a stick for myself but haven't yet.

Barb

Old 12-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #13
(female)

Nici11 HB User

Well, I'm on my 5th day of using the stick, and I'm sure I see much difference... I don't really have any large pimples though...
My acne is mild to moderate I think. I always have pimples, but not everyone, and not very large ones. My forehead and sides of my nose are covered with the tiny pimples, and then I have "regular" ones on my cheeks/ side of my face. I'm still going to continue to use the stick for another week and a half.. maybe a little more to see if I get any results... if not, it might be time to try accutane.
Besides washing my face, I have also been using a toner and an astringent.. could this be altering the effects? Lovesmylittledoggie, what is your son doing, besides using the cocoa butter?

Old 12-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #14
(female)

Nici11 HB User

I think the cocoa butter stick only works on more severe acne. It seemed to almost work in the begining, but ended up making my acne worse. Oh, well, it was worth the try. I still like using the stick on my lips!

Old 12-27-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nici, I'm so sorry for not responding sooner. Been really busy with the holidays. I hope you had a great one!

My son isn't using anything other than regular soap. We saw improvements in him almost immediately but my friend took about 3 weeks to notice an improvement in his skin. I guess it depends on what type of acne and maybe what type of skin you have. I really hoped it would work for you because I know what a pain in the you-know-what acne is. And most of the other treatments just seem so expensive. But like you said, it was worth a try.

Take care!

Barb

Closed Thread