It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2003, 01:51 PM   #1
(female)

pageantchicka16 HB User
Talking LeMoN jUiCe! (it works!)

hey everyone! i have been doing my oxiderm-pcf every day and then here's something my cousin read:

if you put 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and one drop (just a tiny drop) into a container then take a q-tip and put some on there and apply it to your zit its suppose to go away! i did this to 3 of my white heads after poppin them and it stings a lil but the lemon makes i really dry up good! so try it if you want!

------------------
*~*k阮Ѱ*~*

Old 06-26-2003, 02:00 PM   #2

GTI HB User
heard of it, but one thing u gotta be careful is not to go out in the sun when u apply lemon juice in your face. it helps bleach ur skin, but at the same time it makes your skin much more probne to sun damage.

i heard a lot of models EAT.. yes i said eat lemons once in a while. its suppose to help them become thinner and clear their skin. I tried squeezing a whole lemon in a glass mixed with water. I guess it has a detoxifying effect cause at first i made me SUPER oily. but a few days later, my scars (******** swears by this getting rid of scars) flattened out and my complexion improved. I don't really dare do this too often cause when i mean oily, i mean OILY for the few days or week after i drink lemon juice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2003, 02:00 PM   #3
(male)

guitarplayer HB User
I've been doing the same thing with vinegar, I guess it works pretty much the same way. I have found I dont even have to pop whiteheads anymore, as soon as the acid touches them they seem to open. Then all you have to do is (carefully) squeeze all the nasty pus out of them. I haven't had much luck with it for preventing future breakouts though.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:05 PM   #4
(male)

guitarplayer HB User
Can you just eat lemons plain without water or would that be too strong? I haven't had a problem with my skin getting oily after drinking lemon juice though, but I also diluted it with water.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
I agree,dabbing lemon on whiteheads definately works faster than all those other acne meds.

Old 06-30-2003, 10:12 PM   #6

eRiNiStHaBeStEsT HB User
i used the lemon juice about a month ago and it worked but than i just stopped and it looks like my face got worse or something. but it worked really well for me. i think maybe i should try using it again. what do is i have this bottle of lemon juice and i put it in water or on my face and i noticed some inprovment. so i def. recommend using lemons or lemon juice!

Old 06-30-2003, 10:24 PM   #7
Veteran

linnybee428 HB User
Funny, I made a lot of lemonade last week and I was eating plain lemons (yes it's sour and bad for your teeth, but I always loved it as a kid) and my skin looks really great right now. Not to say that it is the lemons, because it is probably all the OTHER stuff I'm doing for my skin, but at the very least they didn't make it worse!

I have crazy eating habits and I'll eat the whole lemon (peel and all). My sister started saying the peel is bad for you and I did some research online and found some interesting info:

Eating lemons, especially the peel, has been correlated to lower risk of skin cancer- a sign that maybe lemon's do have a direct effect on skin health.

[This message has been edited by linnybee428 (edited 07-01-2003).]

Old 07-10-2003, 07:24 PM   #8

GotRice HB User
Do you think Lemon Flavor adding will work? what im talkin about is the lemon flavor thing you can put in fish or something for a tangy flavor? ( there is definitely lemon in there) do you think it will work? this is the closest thing i can find . I cant find any lemons or lemon juice

Old 07-10-2003, 07:30 PM   #9

GTI HB User
"I cant find any lemons or lemon juice"

wow, i seriously doubt ur supermarket does not sell lemon! look harder in the fresh produce section.

Old 07-11-2003, 03:17 PM   #10

darkangel HB User
theres all this talk on lemons. but how about limes?

Old 07-11-2003, 04:47 PM   #11
(male)

guitarplayer HB User
I've tried limes actually. It doesnt seem to work as good though. I think they are less acidic.

Old 07-11-2003, 05:02 PM   #12

Tiggermomma HB User
How many lemons do you have to eat before you see a difference?? One or two? And how soon do you see a difference in your skin?

I dont care how crazy it might taste. I'll do anything to help clear my skin.

Old 07-11-2003, 05:11 PM   #13

Tiggermomma HB User
I wouldnt doubt the skin of lemon had great benefits for you. I heard that the outer skins of fruits and vegies are actually sometimes better for you than the actually fruit or vegie itself.

Old 07-11-2003, 07:26 PM   #14

papa new guinea HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by linnybee428:
Funny, I made a lot of lemonade last week and I was eating plain lemons (yes it's sour and bad for your teeth, but I always loved it as a kid) and my skin looks really great right now. Not to say that it is the lemons, because it is probably all the OTHER stuff I'm doing for my skin, but at the very least they didn't make it worse!

I have crazy eating habits and I'll eat the whole lemon (peel and all). My sister started saying the peel is bad for you and I did some research online and found some interesting info:

Eating lemons, especially the peel, has been correlated to lower risk of skin cancer- a sign that maybe lemon's do have a direct effect on skin health.

(edited 07-01-2003).]

LOL! I EAT THE SKINS OF FRUITS TOO! I LOVE WATERMELON SKIN MORE THAN THE ACTUAL WATERMELON! Anyways, I'm gonna go drink some lemonade. You guys ideas always works!

Closed Thread