It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
(male)

BlueSky9949 HB User
Post Moisturizers for sensitive face

Between using tazorac and a benzoyl peroxide wash, I find my face tight, dry and flaky. I am currently using Cetaphil as a moisturizer but although the products are supposedly for sensitive skin, I experience a burning, stinging sensation and my face turns dark red when I use the lotion. It's almost as bad, if not worse than the tight and dry feeling itself.

Obviously, in my battle with acne, I need a moisturizer gentle enough that it doesn't cause any more discomfort and it doesn't clog pores to create a breakout.

Please, if anyone has any suggestions of a good gentle moisturizer I could use, I would be forever grateful. Thank you.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:26 AM   #2

Hopetimistic HB User
Try Aloe Vera gel.

I use a 98% gel and it works great for me. It also helps somewhat heal damaged skin.

All the Best.

I am no expert on these matters. Please consult the (supposed) experts, and seek the advice of other people as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2003, 10:45 PM   #3

GotRice HB User
Can you use Aloe vera Gel with another acne medicine? like say you put aloe vera gel at night to wash away make up you put on, and then put on some Tazorac right after. will that work or will it cause skin irritation?

Old 07-11-2003, 12:23 PM   #4

GotRice HB User
am i alone here....:-(

Old 07-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #5

kate1964 HB User
I use Mary Kay Timewise Bar Soap and then wait a few minutes and apply benzaclin... which is very drying... I have never been able to use a moisturizer without breaking out until I started with Mary Kay.. The Timewise Moisturizer Oil free is great!! I don't experience any breakouts from it and my skin is for the most part clearer than it has been in years and I have very sensitive skin! Those are the only Mary Kay products I use, I'm not to crazy about the makeup!!!

Good luck!

Old 07-11-2003, 07:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

DeeDeeWith3 HB User
A super light moisturizer is Complex 15 moisturizing cream found in drugstores. Nothing fancy, but no break outs. Really helped me in the beginning weeks of drying topicals. Only used it when necessary.

I now use Mary Kay oil control lotion in the morning only. It says it's for sensitive skin. Hydrates, and controls oil at the same time. No break outs to report after a month. Good luck to you!

Old 07-11-2003, 07:37 PM   #7

darkangel HB User
Smile

go to your local organic food store and visit the skin care section. here, you will find many products, including moisturizers, that are all natural. these products dont contain the harsh chemicals that most other products contain. i would recommend the Beaty Without Cruelty line of products. i am using there face wash and i too have sensitive skin. it is very gentle. they also make some moisturizers. well best of luck.

Closed Thread