It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2003, 06:59 PM   #1
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
Post Some people can be so mean!!!!!

Ok I was at work today, when one of the girls who works next to us (in the mall), walked in and said hi to everyone. I was working with 2 other girls...they are well older than me, and thank god (ull see why). Anyhoo...they were talking about makeup, and blah blah blah. The girl next door, just says out of no where "ya he wears foundation"......pointing to me! I was sooo embarrased!!! WHat a ****in *****!!! Who would be so mean to say something so out loud like that? MAN! Sure I wear foundation and some concealor, but its not like I want to! Geez...oh and of course she has perfect skin, so she doesnt know what its like to be on the other side.

Yes I admit I wear foundation, but thats to even out my skin tone and yes a bit of concealor cuz I have some red spots. So obviously now, ppl can tell Im wearing makeup. But I cant go without it, cuz of my acne. How embarrasing!!!

I mean what would you see as being the worst? People noticing your acne pimpled face or people nothing you're wearing makeup?

Hmm

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 07-04-2003).]

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 07-04-2003).]

Old 07-04-2003, 07:48 PM   #2

Samantha_Michelle HB User
Thumbs down

I understand what you mean, but me being a gal makes it different I suppose. My family members would make jokes all the time about how I always had to have on makeup and had to have my 'face' on before I went anywhere. It hurt, because which would they rather have, me caring about what I look like and wearing makeup or just going around with this red, pimpled-up face? You know, I think people will say something either way. You can't please 'em.

BTW, I can't believe someone could humiliate you like that! Do people have feelings anymore? I wonder sometimes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
You tellin me! If I was a girl and I noticed a guy wearing make up and it looked good on him, I wouldnt go embarrass him out of no where! HOW RUDE!

Old 07-05-2003, 02:18 AM   #4

Sigh HB User
Hrmm, I'd tell some stories about how people can be so harsh, but I try to block it out.

I was also wondering, I just finished accutane and will be going back to school in 2 months, and my skin looks horrible at the moment. If it doesnt get better I was wondering about this makeup thing. How OBVIOUS does it look? I mean.. I'd just like to cover up a few scars and red marks maybe. Oh I'm 15 by the way, and a guy.

Old 07-05-2003, 04:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
That sucks, just keep your head up.

Old 07-05-2003, 06:04 AM   #6

nightzebra HB User
Sigh:

Makeup on a guy is usually obvious. The thing is, if you are willing to exploit its artificiality (e.g., by also using a ton of black eyeliner--think GOTH) you don't have to worry about being "found out."

Just a suggestion. I think boys in makeup are hot, y'see.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:43 AM   #7

Wink

Yeah...makes me think of when Ewan Mcgregor showed up at the MTV awards with eyeliner...at first I was like oookkkkayy then I decided it was very sexy! On him at least; doesn't go for everyone.

Old 07-05-2003, 07:53 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

daylight568 HB User
Oh, you poor thing.That would be embarassing for me and I'm a girl so I can just imagine how you must feel being a guy.You'll probably never hear the end if it now,lol!Next thing you know someone will be comming up to you asking what brand you wear,or worse yet ,another guy,lol.
Seriously, though don't worry about it.I think its cool for a guy to want to look good,which is all that your doing.

Old 07-05-2003, 08:06 AM   #9
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
I swear I will NEVER NEVER EVER forgive this ***** who did this to me! What a ****in *****!!!!!!!!!!!! I still cant believe she said that!!!

Only good thing about it all, is that shes ugly, and the two girls I work with are ugly too haha. If they were my friends that she said it to, I swear I would have ripped her head off.

She wont ever be talking to me again...

The thing is I wear as little as possible, and obviously now Im gonna have to wear even less, and I dont think its noticeable...only when Im in really strong lighting or bright sunlight. Like my work we have super bright lighting and I hate it.

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 07-05-2003).]

Old 07-05-2003, 08:19 AM   #10
Veteran

FuzzyWuzzy HB User
I forgot to mention, this ***** is overweight and ugly as well. So obviously she doesnt have the greatest vote of self confidence either. How brave for her to say such a thing, especially to someone who she doesnt even know all that well. And what did I ever do to her?

KNowing shes fat, I could easily be an ******* about it, and make fun of how fat and ugly she is. Now how would SHE feel about that?!!!!!!!!!!! But I have too much class to waste my time with a ***** like her, and I aint gonna go that low...ARGH!!!!

Some people just make me SSSSSSSSICK!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by FuzzyWuzzy (edited 07-05-2003).]

Old 07-05-2003, 01:41 PM   #11
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Thumbs down

ok, now you're acting worse than she did!

Old 07-05-2003, 02:04 PM   #12

The best thing to do is go on and forget about it. What do you care what she thinks anyways? You're your own person. She just makes herself look bad. Don't take it so personally. I know its hard sometimes, but thats the way life is.

Old 07-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #13

Nymue HB User
Y'know, I was just thinking about it... why in the world is it absolute 100% acceptable for girls to wear make-up but not for men? Make-up is something to make our skin tone look more even and give us more confidence.. why should men be denied that? Kinda silly, huh?

Old 07-06-2003, 05:14 AM   #14
Veteran

AccutaneAvenger HB User
Yeah, it sux that guys can't wear make-up. I mean, they can of course (I did once...), but I honestly think it looks worse than the acne, even in small amounts.

I hope guys in the next century will be relieved from this limitation...
And I shall be clothed again with my SKIN, and in my flesh I shall see God." [Job 19:25]

Old 07-06-2003, 03:35 PM   #15

leopolda HB User
Hi. I can see how hurt you were by what this unthinking person did to you (don't let her drag you down to her level of personal attack though--I suspect you're above that) On another board in the make-up tips section (I'm not allowed to post any more info about that), a lot of men are raving about a product line designed specifically for men called Menaji--you could probably do a search on it and find info on it on-line. It sounds like if you apply it correctly, it gives great coverage and it virtually undetectable. Also, maybe consider trying one of the mineral make-up powders (Aromaleigh, Bare Escentuals, Jane Iredale, etc) as that makeup also gives great coverage and looks very natural. Good luck to you and just know that, yeah, maybe you have acne, but this other person's real problem (more than her looks and her weight) is her very poor judgment and, my guess would be, lack of self-esteem, and that's certainly a more permanent problem than your acne.

cheers,
-leo

Closed Thread