It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2003, 07:49 AM   #1
(female)

knockemdead HB User
Post *CRY*

So I had this zit last night..a red one with no head..but it hurt like a son of a %^&$*..so what did I do?? I popped it. I got all the crap out of it...but I had to squeeze it hard to do so. Now..this morning, I wake up..and there is a HUGE red mark there from where I had to pinch it so hard. Has this happened to anyone else?? I don't even want to go out of the freaking house.

Old 07-03-2003, 08:38 AM   #2
(female)

Banana1214 HB User
I hardly ever get cysts - mostly just whiteheads and blackheads, but when I do get one, it's huge, hurts like heck, and never goes away. Right now I have a rather large and definitely noticeable and unnattractive one right in the middle between my eyebrows. Last night I tried squeezing it, but there's nothing in it. It's like it's just inflammed and infected and red. And it sticks out so far! I can't even cover it with makeup. Just looks worse. Don't squeeze your anymore, you'll just spread the bacteria around and make new cysts.
#2 due 8/30/07... another boy!

Devlin Michael born May 20, 2005

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2003, 09:23 AM   #3
(female)

knockemdead HB User
Ugh..I just really want the pinch marks to go away. Last time this happened it took about a week and a half. Any suggestions???

I *hate* red marks.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:29 AM   #4
(female)

Banana1214 HB User
I hate them too. That's mainly what I have. I have a few active pimples right now but tons of red scars, which still look like pimples. The only solution for me is concealer and patience.
#2 due 8/30/07... another boy!

Devlin Michael born May 20, 2005

Old 07-03-2003, 11:52 AM   #5
Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
Yours only stay a week and a half? You're so lucky! Mine take at least 6 months to go away and I don't even pop.

Old 07-03-2003, 12:15 PM   #6
(male)

guitarplayer HB User
How the heck do you pop them if they dont have a head? That sounds majorly painful

Old 07-03-2003, 12:36 PM   #7
Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
Unhappy

Ditto Girlie http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif

Old 07-03-2003, 12:47 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

sedulous HB User
put some ice on that bad boy and take some ibuprofen (advil) to help bring down that swelling, which should help with the redness too.
No more popping!

Old 07-03-2003, 01:25 PM   #9
(female)

knockemdead HB User
I just take a needle and poke it in there real hard and then squeeze all the stuff out. :-\ I really don't know how to explain what it looks like. It looks like a bruise with dry skin on top of it. Even make up won't cover it up. It's obvious that there's a purple mark there. I squeezed that thing good. haha..

Oh well, I'm just telling people that I hit the corner of something and it made a bruise. If I push down, it even feels like a bruise. Who knows..that's probably what it is. I probably just squeezed it so hard that I bruised the hell out of myself. Blech..I'll just wait it out I guess like I did with the last one. I don't know what else to do! I'm afraid ice might dry it out even more...ugghhhhh.

Old 07-03-2003, 07:09 PM   #10

TakitEZ HB User
All cysts have pus in them ... some are just too deep for you to squeeze them out.

As for the pinch marks, I think you just damage the skin. It will go away in time. I guess you have fair skin.

Old 07-03-2003, 07:49 PM   #11

gartgirl HB User
Wink

hey yeh im 14 and i have a little bit of acne breakout between my eyebrows sometimes ....and definitely on my back and chest if u have ne pionters haha but neways .....i think all u really can do is wait it out cuz i mean just let nature take its course chlorine and salt water in the ocean help though as long as u wash your face and shower after you've spent the day in the water. let me know of any pionters

------------------
~Graysi~

Old 07-03-2003, 07:55 PM   #12

Samantha_Michelle HB User
Lightbulb

When you just *have* to squeeze a zit (been there done that lol) always put cotton on your nails. That keeps them from breaking your skin. And soak a cotton ball or towel in really hot water then apply it only on the zit. This will bring everything to the surface, so you don't have to pinch as hard. Your not alone, I don't know how many times I have squeezed and hated myself for it later. Sometimes the mark goes away in a week, and if I was REALLY bad, maybe a month. I have broken this terrible habit tho...thank God. It takes time and self control......

Old 07-04-2003, 03:06 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

scouselad1974 HB User
Unfortunatley only time with heal this mark,but you can speed up the healing time via various methods.
As suggested take Ibuprofen for a couple of days,try dabbing a small amount of hydrocortisone onto the area for a couple of days too.
I have also found Lavender Oil to help with red marks,massage a drop deep down into the area for a good few minutes before bed and normally by the morning the area looks less nasty.
You could also try braking a vitamin E pill up and rubbing that into the area.
As you say you have basically bruised your skin so plenty of fresh air may help too.
All of the above may help but only time will heal your mark up.

Old 07-05-2003, 09:31 AM   #14
(female)

knockemdead HB User
Thanks so much for your replies ! I've been using some kind of moisturizing lotion from Clinique the past two days (same thing I used the last time this happened)..and the dead skin is starting to come off now when I wash my face. Underneath, its pretty red looking but I know it'll be gone soon. I just hate being in situations like this..knowing its all my fault. This is the *ONLY* red mark I have on my face right now...but its about the size of a $%^&*%$ dime!! I'm sure some of you think it's just silly to be so upset over one tiny mark seeing as to how the majority of you have pretty bad acne..ehh..maybe I am just being ridiculous about the whole thing. I do apologize .

Oh..and I also wanted to ask.....last month my doctor prescribed me something called Septra/Sulfa..which I have to take twice daily. Let me tell you ...those pills are HUGE. Anyway..I have yet to start taking them because nobody would reply to my question on here a couple weeks ago. I just wanted to know if anyone had ever tried it..and what it did for them.

Thanks TONS...and God bless. <3

Old 07-05-2003, 10:04 AM   #15

fightinghypo HB User
Hey Samantha

I am not quite sure what you mean by "putting cotton on them"?

Thanks

Closed Thread