It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 04:00 PM   #1

loof HB User
Post Acne on body

Help!!

I recently visited a dermatologist who told me that the acne I get on my body is caused by sweat and that there is nothing I can do to get rid of it. Sometimes it's not so bad but lately I've been getting it bad on my arms, legs and butt - my face is totally clear and has always been that way. On my legs alone I counted 30 or so pimples. I live in a warm climate but take extra care to avoid excess sweating. I shower twice daily and scrub with exfoliating wash but nothing is helping and now it's just getting too much.

Surely there must be either a body wash that works or some medicine I can take? Tests from lab came back saying no bacteria present in the pimples, so I guess it's not anything bad then.

BTW I'm 31 years old and healthy, very athletic so it's not as though I live like a slob!

Please, someone help!

Old 05-30-2003, 04:13 PM   #2

jennifer roaten HB User
I used to have a problem with acne on my back and my dermatologist suggested that I try Selson Blue which is for dandruff. It is medicated so it doesn't smell so great, but boy did it work for me!!! I also have a couple of friends who tried it and said it was also successful for them. It is worth a try!! Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2003, 04:38 PM   #3

loof HB User
Do they sell it at Walgreens?

I'll give it a shot, I'm ready to try anything. How long before you noticed a difference?

Thanks a lot.

Old 05-30-2003, 06:59 PM   #4
Veteran

Testament HB User
Head and Shoulders is working for me, after about 3 weeks it was about 50% better. Selsun blue is the same thing I believe.

Best of luck!

Old 05-31-2003, 05:05 PM   #5

sugarbaby HB User
Go out and buy Phisoderm Clear Cofindence Body Wash. Also buy herbal logix all over blemish control body spray or Natures Cure body Spray. Wash twice a day with Phisoderm Body wash with a puff were you have acne. Then at night time after your shower when your all dried off spray on one of the sprays i suggested. Let it dry for about 15 to 20 minutes!
I do this every day and i am totally clear! I use to have horrible chest acne and back acne. I could never wear low cut shirts or tank tops but now i can! I do sometimes maybe get a zit on my back but ntohing compared to what it used to be thank God!

Old 05-31-2003, 05:37 PM   #6

jennifer roaten HB User
I bought my Selsun Blue at Wal-Mart. It is around $ 8 per bottle and I noticed a difference within about a week!!

Good Luck!

Old 07-13-2003, 02:47 PM   #7

kat02 HB User
I like neutrogena body wash it works real good.

Old 11-22-2003, 05:58 PM   #8

renyc24 HB User
Re: Acne on body

Hi Sugarbaby,

I am 28 asian male from Malaysia. I suffered from body acne for many many years and still looking for the right medication.
I checked out the herbal logix / nature's cure stuff from the net and quite interested to try. But does the company ship its product to Malaysia?

Asian28

Old 11-22-2003, 09:04 PM   #9
(male)

horsies HB User
Re: Acne on body

Quote:
Originally Posted by loof
Help!!

I recently visited a dermatologist who told me that the acne I get on my body is caused by sweat and that there is nothing I can do to get rid of it. Sometimes it's not so bad but lately I've been getting it bad on my arms, legs and butt - my face is totally clear and has always been that way. On my legs alone I counted 30 or so pimples. I live in a warm climate but take extra care to avoid excess sweating. I shower twice daily and scrub with exfoliating wash but nothing is helping and now it's just getting too much.

Surely there must be either a body wash that works or some medicine I can take? Tests from lab came back saying no bacteria present in the pimples, so I guess it's not anything bad then.

BTW I'm 31 years old and healthy, very athletic so it's not as though I live like a slob!

Please, someone help!
Are you sure its really acne u have on your body- I had lots of red bumps show up on my body a few yrs ago and thought that it was acne also- even had some that looked like white heads u know the kind u get on your face from real acne. Started using all kinds of body washes for acne or bar soap containing BP but had no luck- went to the doctor he says i had what they call winter itch that has been going around in dry climate areas - there is a presciption u can get for it or u can simply buy a body moistureizer to apply after u shower that will clear things up after a week or two-

Closed Thread