It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 11:16 PM   #1
(female)

hopetobeclear HB User
Calling all new spiro users

How is it coming?? Any positive results from new spiro users. I'm ending my second month and still breaking out.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User
Re: Calling all new spiro users

Don't worry I broke out all the way to my 5th month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
(female)

hopetobeclear HB User

Hi Lisamarie,
Thanks for responding. I know I have asked this question over and over again (It must be so annoying), but I guess I need to be reassured that it is going to work. I will do if for 5 months, but what if it doesn't work? What then?...Gosh, I pray it works! Did you slowly get better? I felt like I was clearing up, but I started my period and broke out again. Four new zits...just around my mouth; the rest of my face is clear (except for some tiny white bumps on my cheeks). It seems like I am going on this cycle (along with my period): breakout a week before, continue to breakout, start clearing up, then breakout again. Is this to be expected? Did you have a slow and gradual clearing? Again, thanks for all your info.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:08 AM   #4
(female)

lilaclake HB User
Talking Re: Calling all new spiro users

Hi. I am also a new spiro user since this last Dec. I started out at 25mg which only cut the oil production a little. 50 mg worked a little better; but now I have finally seen results in my acne on 100mg. I have just enough oil on my face to keep it from being dry and wrinkled, now that I'm in my thirties. I started on 100mg Jan. 6 and this is the week of my monthly cycle. Praise be, I only got the tiniest pimple on my forehead! Ususally my chin and cheeks break out worse than normal on my cycle. I am also on Ortho-tricyclen, which I've been on for years. I've also been on mincyclen since July, but still broke out everyday, the pimple were just smaller. If you know your acne is hormonal I would definately stick with the spiro, because I had clear skin on birth control in my twenties. All hell broke loose on my face when I turned thirty. Another thing.. I stopped using any products with salicilic acid or glycolic acid. They made me break out worse, and it never stopped. I use a very mild children's wash and just rinse my face quickly with it. I spot treat with a 10%BP called Zapzyt, which has been a miracle too! Hope this info helps.

Old 01-27-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
(female)

Curiosa HB User

I broke out the first month on Spiro when taking 50 mg, then raised to 100mgon the second month and it became less oily and much less breakouts, but still some. so I guess some people do have initial breakout, but I think it will correct itself out in time!!

hang in there!

Old 01-27-2007, 09:34 AM   #6
(female)

hopetobeclear HB User

Thanks everyone for there advice and well wishes. I have another question. I am on 200 mgs a day and Ortho-Tri-Cyclen, which I have been for years (and worked for a couple of years). But, do you think I'm breaking out because the dose is too high? I don't see how that could happen, but wanted to put it out there....

Old 01-27-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
(female)

lilaclake HB User
Talking Re: Calling all new spiro users

Hey Hopetobeclear. I've been reading quite a few posts on here and other boards for months now on Spiro. A few women did claim to break out at the higher doses of 200mg or more; but not too many. It seems like most had more fatigue and dehydration. You might want to visit [url]www.hormonehelpny.com[/url]. The doctor on that site seems to know more about Spiro than most. I took the plunge on Spiro after reading that site. You also might want to consider what you are putting on your face as far as cleanser, moisturizer, etc..Unfortunately for me I now break out from all moisturizers and make-up, even non-comenogenic. Hope things keep improving for you.

Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #8
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopetobeclear View Post
Hi Lisamarie,
Thanks for responding. I know I have asked this question over and over again (It must be so annoying), but I guess I need to be reassured that it is going to work. I will do if for 5 months, but what if it doesn't work? What then?...Gosh, I pray it works! Did you slowly get better? I felt like I was clearing up, but I started my period and broke out again. Four new zits...just around my mouth; the rest of my face is clear (except for some tiny white bumps on my cheeks). It seems like I am going on this cycle (along with my period): breakout a week before, continue to breakout, start clearing up, then breakout again. Is this to be expected? Did you have a slow and gradual clearing? Again, thanks for all your info.

I understand I was the same way!! I was just so afraid that it wasn't going to work. Be/c it seemed like everyone else was having better results and faster too!! And the period thing.... wow i know exactly what your talking about!!! I always breakout out around my period!!! It kind of seemed like all of a sudden my acne just stopped (at the 5 month mark). I was thinking that spiro wasn't going to work for me. I was the same way you are. I completely understand!! I was soo confused be/c I didn't have any oil on my face but i was still breaking out. Now on my 6 month, I had my period and I kid you not, I didn't have one pimple!!!!!! I broke out like crazy for the first 5 months like I told you....and just like you said it, I was breaking out a week before my period too. It seemed like I only had like 2 or 3 days where my face was okay looking then it would start back up for my period and it would take forever for my face to chill out from my period. But now for the month straight I haven't had any break outs. I'm just dealing with scars now. You are taking 100mgs right? If at month five it's not where you want it to be add 50mgs more a day. I feel feel that you have hormonal acne by what your saying so I think this will work for you. Stay with it!!!

Old 01-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
(female)

hopetobeclear HB User

Wow LisaMarie you give me so much hope! We are similar in our stories...I'm just running four months behind you . I am actually taking 200 mgs/day and like you did before you started seeing results, the oil is gone (for the most part) and my skin looks luminous everywhere except around my mouth (where my pimples are isolated to)...Again, I will keep with it as your story is very inspirational...I just pray my results are as good as yours! Thanks again for all your help...though I'm sure I'll start freaking out again and need your reassurance

Old 01-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #10
(female)

kristaleanne93 HB User

LisaMarie,
I just read your reply...and I'm on my 2nd month of spiro...my story is similar to yours also...but I just get little whiteheads I'm not sure what kind of acne you had. But my question is...it just stops like that??lol Do you ever get a pimple anymore?

Old 01-28-2007, 10:06 PM   #11
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Hopetobeclear,
I'm glad your sticking with it!! Anytime you need to talk i'm here!

Kristaleanne93,
I get cystic acne. On my 5th month is when i stopped breaking out. It was weird be/c I was clearing up my old break outs and I was noticing that no new ones were coming up. I think I got like two white head thingy (very very small) seen then. And omgoodness!!! On my period time I didn't breakout!! I couldn't believe it! Before this I would always breakout bad around this time!! So for me it was kinda like it just stopped breaking out! My face is clear right now except for scars.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:10 PM   #12
(female)

hopetobeclear HB User

LisaMarie,
Was it at the beginning or ending of the 5th month?????

Old 01-29-2007, 09:32 PM   #13
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Quote:
LisaMarie,
Was it at the beginning or ending of the 5th month?????
It was a couple of days after the exact 5 month mark. I was keeping track on my calender.

Old 01-31-2007, 12:40 PM   #14
(female)

hopetobeclear HB User

Hi LisaMarie,
I am having a really troubling day. I wanted to run something by you. So it seems as though I breakout a little bit before my period, then continue breaking out about half way through it, then at the end of my period I get excited because it seems as though my acne is simmering down. However, I start taking the white pills of Ortho-Tri-Cylen, and between yesterday and today I have like 4 new pimples. I just keep thinking that at 200 mgs/day of Spiro I should be seeing some sort of results. You said you started seeing results at month 5, right when you upped you dose to 150 mgs/day...but I'm at 200....why is this not working....in your honest opinion (and your experience) do you really think I need more time????? I still can't tell if its getting better or worse????

Old 02-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #15
(female)

LisaMarie982001 HB User

Quote:
Hi LisaMarie,
I am having a really troubling day. I wanted to run something by you. So it seems as though I breakout a little bit before my period, then continue breaking out about half way through it, then at the end of my period I get excited because it seems as though my acne is simmering down. However, I start taking the white pills of Ortho-Tri-Cylen, and between yesterday and today I have like 4 new pimples. I just keep thinking that at 200 mgs/day of Spiro I should be seeing some sort of results. You said you started seeing results at month 5, right when you upped you dose to 150 mgs/day...but I'm at 200....why is this not working....in your honest opinion (and your experience) do you really think I need more time????? I still can't tell if its getting better or worse????
Ok, Now I am really excited for you be/c this is definitely hormonl acne and this should definitely work for you! I know exactly how you feel!!! That is exactly what my face was doing!! You do need more time. I kept thinking that this was going to work for me to be/c it felt like it was taking sooo long!! And remember I wasn't going out of the house! I still am not going out of the house be/c of my scars. I'm still depressed about this whole experience. So it feels like forever, it's been almost a year!

Anyway, this is how my acne went... I told you that I only had a couple of days where my acne was "okay" (better then usual). Ok, so the green pills are the period time which my period starts on the wednesday of the green pills. So, I'm breaking out all through the green pills and my face seriously is trying to fix itself (very slowly I might add and with a few more breakouts) all through the white and like two or three light pills. So then I would get two or three of the okay days then at the beginning of the dark blue pills I would be starting to break out for my next period already. It seriously felt like I had my period all the time!! It sucked!!
My mom is right here and you can even ask her. LOL. She was with me as I cried everyday.

By what you just told it really makes me feel that this is going to work for you. I really want you to keep me posted!! And anytime you need to talk or need reasurrence I will try to help you. It will take time.

Closed Thread