It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2003, 04:47 AM   #1

nightzebra HB User
Post Yet another journal!

My Proactiv kit arrived yesterday, and I am verra verra excited about my BP-covered virgin voyage into the workplace. I'm taking antobiotics (Amoxil) contemoraneously (actually, I started taking them last week), so my zits are under seige from both sides. I'll keep you posted as to my victory or defeat.

Old 07-11-2003, 01:06 PM   #2

nightzebra HB User
Day three with Proactiv:
I was at GNC today, and someone actually said to me, "Your skin is really clear. What do you use?"
That hasn't happened in years.

A few other highlights: those tiny, hard, bead-like things that take residence in my pores--and seem to remain inert sempiternally--are responding to Proactive. They are reaching the surface of my skin, and with a light scratch of my fingernail and the work of a tweezer, I am able to lift them out with minimal effort. Yay!
Amother unforeseen effect I'm relishing is the dewy sheen Proactiv proffers. I have yet to experience dryness, but then, this is only my third day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2003, 01:09 PM   #3

nightzebra HB User
I meant "another unforeseen effect," not "amother unforeseen effect." The mother effects beget other effects, and I was referring strictly to a sheen which breeds nothing (especially not bacteria).

Old 07-13-2003, 04:46 AM   #4

nightzebra HB User
Talking

I think this is day five. I'm still making progress, I think, but I am not without a few new (and quite large) zits. They hurt; I pop them; The glycolic acid in Proactiv's toner seems to make the red mark fade more quickly than it normally would. I think that's my favorite part of this treatment.

What I really want is for my topic to become "hot" (flame icon). Does that require fifteen posts?

Old 07-13-2003, 07:53 AM   #5

gurlygurlz HB User
I've been using Proactiv for a little less than a year (I think... I've lost track of time). I have those little hard, flesh colored bumps, and it does not do anything for them. I recently tried the apple cider vinegar method, and it did not work for me. Last night I decided not to wash my face with my Proactiv and used a different cleanser to see if there would be any improvements not using BP. I also steamed my face and applied lemon juice to my bumps. I think they're looking better today. I will try the lemon juice again tonight to see if there are more improvements.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:34 AM   #6

nightzebra HB User
Well, gurlygurlz, at least the tiny bumps are barely discernible to other people. Most acne victims would opt for this type of acne, given the choice! Did you have large, red pimples before you started using Proactiv? I'm assuming that if you've been using it a year, you've seen improvement to some degree.

Old 07-13-2003, 09:38 AM   #7

Tiggermomma HB User
Proactiv cleared your skin in 3 days?? I can't believe it!

Old 07-13-2003, 11:20 AM   #8

nightzebra HB User
No, no, I wasn't completely clear after three days. And, I was wearing makeup on my red splotches (which have faded considerably this past week) when the girl at GNC commented on my skin. Still, I ALWAYS wear makeup on imperfections, and nary a compliment do I receive on the clarity of my skin.

Old 07-15-2003, 02:28 PM   #9

gurlygurlz HB User
Actually, I've never really had acne so said. I would get like one or two pimples every 2 weeks. While using Proactiv, I would not get any pimples. I don't remember I can't remember had these bumps on my forehead before I started using Proactiv ( I think I did).

Old 07-15-2003, 08:17 PM   #10

darkangel HB User
What I really want is for my topic to become "hot" (flame icon). Does that require fifteen posts?

lol. yea, i think you need at least 15 posts. well im just here to help you with that. and i also used to be on proactiv. the first few days are the best, huh? when you wake up and your skin looks almost clear. and all those compliments are great too.

i dont use it anymore though. i dont know exactly what made me breakout so badly, but i just awoke one day with the ugliest face ive ever seen. i believe it was becuase i wore the sulphur mask overnight. or maybe it was becuase i swam and the pool chemicals and the proactiv chemicals werent meant for my skin.

anyways, just dont make the same mistakes i did, and you should be fine. good luck nightzebra

Old 07-16-2003, 04:06 PM   #11

nightzebra HB User
darkangel--

Sulphur mask overnight, eh? That probably was the culprit! Yikes!

Thanks for fanning the impending icon!

Closed Thread