It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 06:19 AM   #1
(female)

Texanne HB User
Cheap sulfur soap is working for me

Just wanted to let you all know about a cheap find: Sulphur/lanolin bar soap. I found this while browsing in the Dollar General in the small town where I work. There is a high population of immigrants from Mexico, and this DG has a section devoted to Spanish-labeled products. This soap is called "Azuria" (?) sulphur/lanolin soap for acne. It was maybe one dollar. I thought, "what the heck, a dollar". I need to go back and get some more, because for me, at least, it works, and leaves my skin soft as well. I've used it for about three weeks now, and only had two minor spots come up, which is great because I did go through *that* time of the month, when I usually have "pizza face". Yes, it stinks a bit, but that goes away as soon as you rinse.

Last edited by Texanne; 02-04-2007 at 06:21 AM.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

April7 HB User
Re: Cheap sulfur soap is working for me

Pro Activ and many other expensive treatments involve sulphur so this makes alot of sense to me. Good luck with it and congratulations!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
(female)

desiii HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7 View Post
Pro Activ and many other expensive treatments involve sulphur so this makes alot of sense to me. Good luck with it and congratulations!
That's what I was thinking. I really like their sulphur mask.

That is so great that you found something that works for you! I can't use lanolin on my face as it does cause me to break out (though I do like to use it on my hands - makes them soooo soft!). But some people have no problem with it. Great find!

Old 02-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I used to use sulfur soap when I was younger and I recently found a bar of zapzyts brand at the discount store -- it's just colloidal sulfur in a bar soap form. And I think my local drug store carries different brands of sulfur soap. Seems to help with redness, too!

I bought a sulfur mask from zia a few years ago, but it has tea tree oil in it and reminds me of pine sol -- real strong smell.

Old 02-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Divation HB User

So it's essentially a salt bar? I wonder...Whenever I swim in the ocean, like salt water, my face clears up 100% in like 2 days. I literally do not have to wear a drop of concealer b/c my face clears up that much. That's why I'm PRAYING for the weather to get warmer so I can go swimming. Same thing happens if I swim alot in the pool. You think I would get the same result if I used a sulfur bar? Does Wal-Mart carry them?

Old 02-07-2007, 04:25 AM   #6
(female)

Texanne HB User

I have no idea if they are Walmart, even though I go there frequently, I've never seen it.

I hope ya'll have some luck with it.

Closed Thread