It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
(male)

Redneck Joe HB User
Acne on face after Accutane

When my growth/development rate came to a halt 3 years ago, my acne started cropping up like crazy. And it wasn't for another 3 years that I finally got it taken care of. Until then, I had bad acne on my back, scalp, and face. I went on Accutane around March 2006 and went off in August 2006.

Since then, I've been satisfied in some ways and unsatisfied in others. My back, which had the worst outbreak, is now much more under control, as well as my scalp. Both of those were two of the worst places, and now, they have not shown any sign of getting worse since getting off Accutane about 6 months ago.

However, I am greatly disappointed in how my face turned out. Not long after getting off Accutane, small pimples started forming on my face. They weren't too noticable, though, and I just brushed it off. But then, they kept coming back, and as the months passed, they started getting larger, more scattered, and more noticable. At first I thought I was just imagining it, but today, I looked in the mirror and saw that my face had the worst breakout in nearly a year. I am almost sure that I'm not imagining it now.

Anyway, I find it interesting that my back and scalp (which were worse) ended up being treated long-term, but yet my face was completely unaffected. I may be wrong on this, but I believe part of it may be the fact that Accutane was designed for severe cases of acne, and my face wasn't as severe as my back was.

I believe that I might have to go on a second round of Accutane to take care of what's left on my face, but until then, I would like to keep my acne under control. Most likely, the problem is the oil production, because when I was on Accutane, all the pimples went away. I put on some Cocoa butter, but then not long ago, I read the ingredients, and it has oil in it, so basically, I was counteracting my goal (by putting more oil on my face). Also, I frequently apply some prescription cream on my face, but I somehow get the impression that it too has oil (not sure, though).

What inexpensive oil-free creams would you recommend, as well as other short-term treatments? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 12:26 AM   #2
(male)

Redneck Joe HB User
Re: Acne on face after Accutane

Is there anything I can do in the short term?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Alagaesia HB User
Re: Acne on face after Accutane

You can try witch hazel or tea tree oil. Witch hazel keeps my pimples from getting worse and it reduces the size pretty quickly. Also make sure you're not eating a lot of junk food. Diet is very important for getting rid of acne long term.

Closed Thread